she forgot about me...

It's been a month since JJ was back at work and 2 months since the attack.

JJ and Emily have grown extremely close. They both knew that they had feelings for each other but never admited it. Or at least we thought

JJ was mostly better. She still had ptsd and that would probably ever go away. But for the most part everything was back to normal.
JJ's and Emily would have a girls night and hang on out whenever they could. Emily had a dying itch to tell JJ how she felt.  So it was decided. She was going to tell her.

Oh how bad did that go...or it didn't go.
____________________________
Emilys POV:

I'm going to tell JJ how I feel tonight. I am falling...hard. She the only person I have. I don't know if I wanna say I love her yet...but I think I might.  "I think I love her" just saying that just gave me butterflies

I'm not gay. I'm not like lesbian. I am JJsexual. There it is. JJsexual.

It was the middle of the day and I walked up to JJ and said "hey J can I talk to you sometime soon"
"Of corse! what is it?" she said with a smile in her face.
"I'll talk to you about it later" I told her with a smile not trying to worry her.

_______________________________
Later that night:

We were both off shift so I was planning on going over to JJ's house and tell her how I feel about her. I called her first just to make sure she was home and all.
"Hey JJ can I come over and talk now" I asked her
"Oh right sorry I forgot" she told me and it sounded like someone in the background but I assumed it was just the TV.
"Okay I'll see you soon" I told her
"See you soon"

I was so jumpy and exited to tell her but I was also so worried for how she would react. I got in my car and drove over to her apartment.
_______________________________

I was finally there. I was walking up a flight of stairs to her door when I saw a guy coming out of her doorway... I was so confused. I thought that maybe he had the wrong house or was asking for something or maybe he what even coming from there...right?

I walked up to her door and knocked she yelled for me to come in. I walked in and she was jumping up and down so happy.
"Why are you so happy" I said laughing with her
"DID YOU SEE THAT GUY!!!!!OMG HE'S PERFECT!!!!" She said hugging me

What. I was in shock. A guy? I thought...I-I-I am at a loss of words. I am so broken.

I painted on a smile a tried to act happy for her even though I try thought I might die right there.

"A GUY?!?! REALLY?" I said with a huge smile.
"I KNOW RIGHT HE'S JUST SO PERFECT! I TOLD HIM ABOUT MY PTSD AND EVERYTHING AND HE IS SO UNDERSTANDING!!!" She said smiling and then walked me over to the couch to sit still smiling.
"really? I am so happy for you J! how long have you been talking to him?" I ask still with a fake smile even though I was dying.
"Ughhh I've been taking to him for like 3 weeks! And like I just like him so much" she said
"And why didn't you tell meeeeee" I said in a fake voice
"I just wanted to make sure he was perfect and guess what?!?! HE IS" she said with the biggest smile.
"That's great. I really am happy for you JJ"

She then asked me what I wanted to talk to her about... "nothing" I told her...I must have forgotten. Which was a huge lie but what was I supposed to say... "oh hey I'm so glad you found this perfect guy I was just coming to confess my love for you but it's all good"

That's okay she told me. Wanna watch a movie or something she asked me.

"I have a lot of work to catch up on" I said to her just wanting an exuse to leave as fast as possible so I wouldn't break down in front if her.
_______________________________
I left as fast as I could running out to my car. As soon  As I got in the car I immediately broke down in tears. I thought she felt the same way! I thought I thought I thought.
I felt so stupid for even thinking that for a second. I fell for her hard and she completely forgot about me. She didn't forget about me but she forgot. I felt so broken inside like I wanted to die. I drove home as quick as possible.

As soon as I got home I jumped onto the couch in tears and just laid there crying. I was heartbroken. I thought she loved me back...