Chapter Four

He ran and he ran and he didn't stop running. He laughed his maniacal laugh as he ran. He was free once again. He buried the sickness of the monster and left the building of torture. His home may have been far, but he was persistent. As he ran, he remembered all the victims he has had. He remembered every last bit of it. Even his signature line of "Let me PRETEND that I CARE" that he uses whenever needed. He passed by a Burger King on his way home and even ran through multiple streets full of cars. His home was closer now. He could see the house's outline as he got closer. A bright line shone as he entered the driveway. He slowed to a walk. He went around back first and took off the orange suit he was forced to wear in that godforsaken place. He threw it to the ground and burned it using a matchbox he left outside a few days ago. The suit was pretty flammable, maybe to make the personnel die quicker. He watched the flame go up as stomped out any rogue flames so that the yard didn't catch fire.
     He went back to the front of the house and opened the door, entering the house and leaving the door wide open. He calmed as he entered the house and control was returned to Jack.
Oh it feels good to be back, Jack saw the TV on and assumed that Mary was watching something. He snuck up as silently as possible to the innocent Mary sitting on the couch watching Pet Sematary and eating popcorn. He stuck his hands out and quickly placed them on her shoulders while yelling "BOO!" and frightening the hell out of her. She jumped quickly and even yipped a little. She quickly turned around with furrowed eyebrows, but they disappeared as she saw who was standing behind her.
     "What the- Jack?! Is that you?!?!" Mary jumped up and put her arms around Jack and hugged him while jumping up and down, completely ignoring the fact he's almost naked. Jack was startled at first but then put his arms around her and hugged her tightly.
     "Yes, it really is me," He smiled as he hugged his sister. Just then, a car door was heard as it closed.
     "Quickly, in the bedroom. I wanna surprise Alice!" Mary said, barely hiding her excitement. Jack quickly went to the bedroom and closed the door behind him. While he was in there, he put on a black shirt and a red flannel. He also put on blue jeans to match. He went back to the door and listened in.
     (Must be a big party)
      "It better not be another man. I don't care if Jack is in prison, I only want him," Hearing that made Jack's heart melt.
      "Just open the door,"
      "Fine," Jack heard the doorknob jiggle a little, but go silent soon after, then twist. The door opened to reveal Alice with her straight, black hair and her dark, green eyes. Her mouth dropped open when she saw who stood before her.
     "Surprise," Jack waved like he was shy, just a little joke to play. She put her hands over her mouth and tears began to run down her face. Jack stuck his arms out, signaling her for a hug. Alice practically charged into him and tightly squeezed him while she cried tears of joy.
     "I thought I lost you," The tears morphed her voice to where it cracked when she spoke.
     "Nobody loses me that easily," He hugged her tightly back while putting his head on hers. Mary stood there, feeling a little awkward.
     "If you want, you could lock the door and I'll just sleep out here," Mary said, breaking the silence. Jack and Alice laughed, but declined the offer, although they did let Mary sleep on the couch to let her watch the rest of her movie and a few YouTube videos. They shut the door and laid on the bed. Jack had his arm over Alice's side and was pressed against her back.
      "I'll always be here for you, you know that right?" Jack whispered into her ear.
     "I know, I just thought I'd never see you again," Alice said, rolling over to face Jack.
     "I always come back," Jack said with a smile. Then, they slept the rest of the night.