Promise

"Nan!" His voice clear as day rang across the trail we sat on looking at him as raced to us. His eyes burned with a  fiery passion I only saw between mated pairs. Nan looked away head up ignoring his call. He growled and caught her off guard as he stood in front of us. His form was less daunting, but his coat resembled that of dancing flames. His son, Solomon stood beside him daring me to try and act equally again. 

"Salazar, it has been too long old friend," Nan grinned her wolf form circling Salazar in greeting before he did the same. Solomon and I just watched each other to see he would give in first. 

"Aww to be young and awkward again," Salazar's laugh rumbled in his chest as he watched his son and I test each other's own individuality. ,

"Hmmm yes about that, I wanted to speak to you in private," Nan looked back at the path Salazar came from and he nodded falling in step beside her. I looked as she eyed me. 'Stop dawdling and come along' Her voice carried through on our mind link as I stayed behind her. 

Solomon walked beside me his head held high in pride. I've never seen such a honey looking coat before and I was loving the pine smell that clung to him. I focused hard on the smell and energy he had around him, that I did not have time to react before I ran into Nan making her glare at me slightly. I bumbled my way back head down as Solomon shook his head and kept his eye contact away from me. 

Great Empyr now you've made a fool of yourself. Wait! Why does it matter to me how I look? I thought while looking around as Nan and Salazar talked quietly as we traveled closer to the Clans home area. 

"Salazar it happened," That was a first to hear Nan raise her voice for me to hear. He stopped just short when Nan said that however forcing his son to push past him on accident.

"When?" he asked

"Two years ago back in the Shadowed Forests," Nan continued forward even as Salazar tried to get her to stop. Doing that now though would only break Nan's heart once again. We have always continued forward. 

"Was it just you?" That is when he looked back at me fully and saw my eyes. He forced Nan to stop just before we turned into the area that smelt of their clan. "Was he with you Ilysia? Who is he?" Salazar growled on edge looking at me. 

Nan snapped at him forcing him to look her way as she stepped between us. "My apprentice and the Heir of the Silverite clan name. We have no one else," Her growl made it clear nothing was up for debate. 

"You say that so casually, but only time will tell if he will even be able to do what you say," Salazar huffed and turned away as Solomon relaxed only after his father did. He may be the Alpha, but it seems his father still holds onto much of the power of the clan. 

Turning around the corner we came across a gray rock substance on the ground. I sniffed it smelling something similar to oil and what stank of metal. Solomon and Salazar watched as I inspected it.

"It's a road, though you have never seen one until now," Salazar smiled softly before heading up the road followed by Nan and Solomon. Buildings stood up ahead and a giant fence. The gates stopping us from going forward slowly opened up before we all dashed inside. There was a mansion up ahead with surrounding buildings that looked similar to two-story cabins. Metal looking boxes were placed in different road areas and People stood outside watching us as we went up farther to the Mansion. 

"Welcome Ilysia and Empyr to our home. I'm sure Lil has already placed out some appropriate clothes for you so just head on in. Solomon and I need to talk," With that Solomon and Salazar disappeared into the back as I and Nan entered the home as wolves. A woman stood in the foyer waiting for us with a soft smile.