Seven

It'd been two days she'd been in his house and it felt so much livelier. And fuller. She was the reason, he knew it. She possessed this unique talent of making everything around her simply merry and cheerful.

"Good Morning," he said as he got in her room.

"Morning."

She was doing what seemed to be yoga. Apparently tangled in her own body.

"Why are you doing?"

"It'sYoga. Why?"

"First, you are seriously tangled in your own self, and second, you don't have bones, as far as I can see."

He waited for her to untangle, and finally heaved a sigh of relief when she stood in front of him as erect and steady as always. He discerned that not a bone was broken, if at all there were any. It was simply august of her to master something so knotty and complex.

"Sorry, I used the yoga-mat without asking you."

"All yours."

"Thank you. Second, I wasn't tangled in myself and since you are illusioned that I have no bones, I suggest you to not try and get yourself slapped or beaten up by me any sooner. Else you'll be forced out of that bubble."

"Really?"

"Yes. You remember Ron had called me a charismatic skeleton? That's precisely what I am.

"Okay. I think I'll need to figure that out soon. However, I surely can't do something so complicated at least in this lifetime."

"That is not true. Anybody and everybody can do it. At first, you won't, but if you go on persistently, why not?" When he shrugged, she further added, "I couldn't do even the basics of yoga till last year. But for a year, I've been consistent and see, now I can do most of the most difficult ones too."

"How about you teach me then?"

"Well, I would if either I were in China or you were in Milan full time."

"Leave that, I'd rather hit the gym. I came here to give you your green-tea and some cookies." He turned towards the door to leave, but stopped halfway, "Actually, there's a small surprise tonight at eight, right at the dining table. It's something just for you, so do wear something—" breath-taking, he thought—"pretty. Okay?"

"Yeah, totally. Jesus! You're something, aren't you? No one has surprised me as much as, and that dates back to my teenage, when I used to look at you—and your dramas—on loop. Awesome. I'll not disappoint you."

As soon as he left and the door shut, she sighed, "Thank God, I have a spare dress with me. Though not that party-like, but it'll do."

***

"Hey, when do I come down? I'm getting restless here waiting to see your surprise. How long?"

"Don't be silly, Taylor. I told you eight, you're ready early isn't my problem. I'm on time."

"Jesus! Sometimes you act so immature. What's the big deal if I sneak a peek? A bit."

"Taylor."

"Fine," she huffed, "I'll sit in here until you call me."

"That's like my good girl."

My good girl? How dreamy. She couldn't—wouldn't want to—get that out of her brain. Her heart was pounding almost outside her body and it didn't look like it would stop any sooner.

"Taylor," he shouted, "come."

"Be right there."

She wanted to run down the fleet of stairs to see him and what he'd done for her, but she chose to walk down to rule out any chances of tripping over in a fit of excitement.