Chapter Twenty Two

Just like what Jiminy Cricket predicted, Queen Snow White and King David indeed liked the outcome of Emma and Regina's rendezvous. Hence they were at the conference table and discussing their next course of action.

"I think, we should still let Jiminy go after them," the King said.

The Queen nodded. As much as she doesn't like invading the princess' boundaries and privacy, she's still a mother who constantly worries about her heiress.

"Also considering the fact that Princess Emma just found out that she has magic," the Blue Fairy nodded. "She needs support and guidance more these days than before."

"I am also concerned that the princess may hurt herself in the process," Jiminy added. "I heard her concerns and it's all understandable. Gladly, Regina talked her through it."

"We need to keep my daughter safe, first and foremost," Snow stated as she sighed.

"Regina is there to ensure her safety," the cricket offered some comfort, "that I am sure."

"We can't be entirely sure about that. Regina might try in all her ability to help and protect our daughter but she is a normal person now," David stated as a matter of fact. "She can't stop forces higher and superior than her, magic, for example."

Snow can only sigh louder. Her husband had a point. In the first months, they are only thinking about Emma's safety and Regina's interest. Now, it's Emma's well being and future. She just wishes she knows what to do.

"Well there is one way..." the Blue Fairy started and looks like she's contemplating with what she's going to say next. "But, it will be either absolute peace or absolute war..."

It was the King who asked her first, "What do you mean, Blue?"

"Do you completely trust Emma?" the fairy asked.

"We do," Snow answered without much thinking.

The fairy repeated, "You really and totally do? Not just her but also her judgment of people and her decision making?"

"We do, Blue," David answered, confused as to why the fairies are asking these questions.

Blue Fairy swallowed before she questioned, "How about Regina, do you trust her?"

David looked over his wife. The other table occupants followed suit. Snow White was silenced for a moment. Recounting the numerous times Regina unknowingly proved herself to the Queen, she answered, "I do." She gave her husband a look. He seemed to understand as he shrugged and nodded. The reigning couple both looked at the fairy, expecting her suggestion.

"Perhaps, it's time to test their ability to do what is good and prove themselves?"

The cricket asked, "What do you mean?"

"Why don't we secretly leave the necklace in Emma's hand and see if she'll give it to Regina?" When the royalties didn't answer, the Blue Fairy continued, "And if she did, then we can see if Regina really had no hidden motive and is genuine about her change."