CHAPTER 10

JL

With every day that passed by quickly, we never failed to have our communication with each other. Ever since the day he texted me, we talked to each other almost every hour unless of course, we have our training schedules.

Though we are both busy with our rigid trainings these past few days, I always find myself waiting for his text messages to come. A simple "Good morning!" or "Don't forget to drink water" from him is already enough to recharge my whole self.

I knew from the start that I never stopped loving him but I didn't know that I still love him this much.

"Okay, gather around!" Coach Lauren called. Today is Friday, the last day of our training as we are set to face the tournament tomorrow which we have been preparing for these last few months. "You have all been nothing but hardworking athletes these past few weeks and I just want to tell you all how proud I am with all of you." he said to which he garnered applause from each of us.

"Tomorrow, will be one of the most memorable moments in your life which is why I hope that you will play with no regrets. Always remember that your safety is the priority, not the game. If you are in pain and can no longer bear it, immediately tell us. That is the reason why you have your other teammates to substitute for you. Do you get me?" he reminded us. "Yes, Coach!" we all said loudly and in unison.

"I trust that you will be giving a good game tomorrow as long as you focus and shrug off the pressure that you feel. Okay?" he said as he brought his hand out to signify the start of our group chant.

"JL, do you have anything to say?" he turned to me. "Keep in mind everything that Coach just said a while ago, okay? Stay focused. Trust your teammates. Enjoy the game." I said and they all cheered loudly. "On 3." I told them to signal our group chant. "1, 2, 3! S-H-A, SHA!" we all said together which ended our training for the day.

After slipping into a more comfortable clothes and slippers, I quickly checked my messages if I received any while I was training. We were not allowed to use our phones for the whole day as it is our last day of training.

Text Message from Mama 3:09pm

Son, how was the training? Are you going to come home late tonight?

I read Mom's text message first so I instantly replied.

Text Message to Mama 4:58pm

The training just finished, Ma. I'll be right home.

After sending the message, I returned to my inbox to check if there's still a text message unread.

Text Message from Troy 1:29pm

Just checking in. Busy day ahead for both of us, huh? Get some rest too! :)

Aside from his good morning earlier, this was the only other text he has sent me today. Who would not fall for him with how thoughtful he is even in just a simple text message?