CHAPTER 6

(Author's Note:  : Warning! This chapter contains a PG-13 scene. Please feel free to skip this part if you are uncomfortable!  😊)

JL

Though I knew that there was a possibility that he will be my roommate, it still feels different when I'm seeing him here, now, face to face. I was frozen for God knows how many seconds before I mustered up the courage to walk inside.

I headed to my bed and pretended to fix my things to avoid seeing his face. While I was pretending, I can feel his burning stare piercing through my back.

"W-why weren't you shocked when you saw that I-I was your roommate?" I said while stuttering.

Instead of answering, I felt him stood up and walk to me. "JL, I missed you. I'm sorry." he said and gave me a back hug.

"Are you even listening? I said, I knew it was you from the keychain hanging on your bag." he said. What the hell? Why am I imaging stuff like that? "O-oh, is that so?" I said. This is so embarrassing. 

I was the one who asked first and yet, I didn't hear him because I was busy daydreaming. I can't bear this embarrassment anymore which is why I decided to lay down and force myself to sleep. "I-I'll just go to sleep." I said before facing the wall and hiding under the blanket.

A few minutes passed and no one bothered to talk. The only sound that I can hear is the air con running. I also don't know what he is currently doing because I am still hiding under the blanket. Wait a minute. Why am I even hiding myself? Am I a criminal? The last time I checked, it was him who hurt me and not the other way around.

My train of thoughts came to a stop when he softly coughed. "JL?" he called me. I don't know if I am still imaging things which is why I did not answer him "I know you're awake. Your feet are still moving since a while ago." he said.

Does this mean that he was looking at me for a long time?

I removed the blanket and sat upright without looking at him. "Why did you call me?" I coldy said. I heard him sigh before speaking. "JL, about that night–" his sentence was cut off by the knock on the door.

"Kuya JL? Are you awake? Kuya Aki and I have been calling you since a while ago." I heard Nate said. I immediately stood up to open the door for them. "Why? What's happening? My phone was probably on silent that's why I did not hear your call." I explained. 

"Aren't you going to invite us inside first?" Akira asked. "You know what? Fine. Come inside, Sir Akira." I sarcastically said. As they went in, they exchanged nods with Gelo.

"What's going on anyway?" I asked once again. "Oh! We were just going to invite you to tour around the resort. Probably around the beach area. The sky is not that bright, and the breeze is cool today." Akira told us.