Chapter 2

MAY'S P.O.V

"Oh gosh..."  I threw myself to the couch with whole stuff in my hands.  "Mom, here's your Starbucks..."

"You're home?  Wow I didn't hear it."  She walked downstairs.

"Pretty much I've growned a bit here and there.  Surprise you're not hearing it."

"Hahaha...  How's office?"  She sit beside me.

"I'm pissed off, Mom. You know what Massimo did?  He asked me to check on that band in Orlando and saying that if needed, I literally have to go there."

"W...what?"

"I know right?  Ugh...  So tired today, and Massimo left a second before I arrived.  I definitely have to speak to him tomorrow.  Even these 2 local shows we don't wrap it up yet."

"Take a breathe, May.  You're under pressure. Working under pressure isn't good."  Mom smiled.  "If you have to go to Orlando, just go."

"But I just promised you I wouldn't leave."  I stared into her eyes.

"Baby, that's called work.  I surely have left you too, countless time, for a surgery and another surgery.  We're exactly the same.  I'm sorry I was making you worry by telling I was lonely.  But after I think of it again, that hospital has given me more than busy day everyday."

"Hah."  I chuckled.  "Pretty much accurate."

"I just can't believe you're 21 and...yeah, you're 21."  Mom stroked my hair.

"I'm sooo tired Mom..."  I rested my head on her lap.

"We shall do movie marathon then!"  

I just giggled seeing Mom excitedly took a bunch of popcorn that she made earlier, and put the first DVD on.  I didn't even want to change myself to pajamas.  Here's already comfortable.  So we leaned on our couch, sharing a blanket, cuddling each other's hands.  Oh guess what.  First 5 minutes, and the DVD started watching us sleeping.

It's always good to fall asleep like that.  Mom and I woke up to popcorn mess around us.  You know, one cool thing about my Mom, she's just gonna laugh.  We cleaned the mess in 15 minutes before Mom went to work.  I'll stay longer today at home and will come back to the office at 11 am later.

"May, you there?"  Mandana called me.

"Yeah yeah I'm here.  What is it?"

"Massimo...he's here."

"Oh shoot.  Alright.  Hold him up for 5 minutes I'm on my way."

I immediately took my car key.  There's always surprise in my life, so don't you be shocked.  Remember when I told you I'd just go to the office by 11 am?  It's not going to happen today.  Time check 7.45 am and I'm already on my way.

"Massimoooo!"  I shouted happily to the entire office.  Being happy before the debate begin.

"Hey girly!"  He asked me to come into his room. 

"How you doing?"  I hugged him.

"Brilliant!  How are you?"

"I'm great."  I smiled.  Later, we got Mandana and Juliet's company.  "So..."

"So, have you received my note from Mandana?"  He checked some reports on his table.

"I have.  And boss, I don't think it's a good idea.  You know, I have searched about this band since yesterday. I found a thing or two about them.  I think they're fun.  But it's not going to match our job here in Nashville when we have ongoing preps for 2 more shows..."

"May, May, May...  Listen to me.  I just figured out something else.  I have called James, the band road manager.  He's agreed to come over.  In fact, today."  Massimo pinched my cheek.

"Whoa, that's...fast."  I glanced to Mandana and Juliet, they gave me the same look.

"Yes!  And you're meeting them in 2 hours!"  He danced happily.  One thing to note:  Massimo is like a firework.

"Them?  Them...who?  I'm sure you only mention that James guy..."  I squinted my eyes.  "The whole band?"

"Smart lady!  Now get back to work!  I want my report by tomorrow afternoon!"  He waved us which is a sign to leave the room.

Juliet,  Mandana, and I walked out of Massimo's room with heads full of thoughts.  Not happening.  I thought I was about to meet Keith today for the band instruments that one of our partners asked to prepare.  I thought I was going to have a meeting.  Then Massimo put me to a brand new project.  Another thing about Massimo, that when you walk out of his room, don't ever come back.  At least give it a spare of 30 minutes, or he'll shout at you.

"I'm confused..."  Juliet sighed.

"Me too."  I pulled my hair repeatedly.  "Where should we start though...  It's in 2 hours."

"I just got a forwarded text from James, they're asking for a Starbucks meeting."  Mandana informed.

"Which Starbucks?"  I still closed my eyes searching for inspiration.

"Five blocks from here."  Mandana answered.

"Alright.  That's pretty far and there's traffic at this lunch hour.  Let's leave at 10.30 then.  And make sure to bring the forms."  I said to Juliet.

"Got it."  She nodded.

"Uhm, Mandana, could you please call Keith for one last confirmation, is he going to prepare it for us or not?  I'm worry."  I begged her.

"Alright sure.  I was about to do it too.  I'll give you news.  See you."  Mandana left my room.

That's pretty nice.  I hate making my team drown into this endless busy morning but how, I wouldn't be able to do that without Mandana and Juliet.  They're my team.  So yeah we should go out of the office today, meet James and his band, trying to make an agreement.  Later in the afternoon, I gotta make a report and finish it by maximum tomorrow afternoon.