Chapter 3

MAY'S P.O.V

"Ready to leave, May?"  Juliet checked on me in my room.

"Oh yeah.  I was charging my phone.  Let's go."

I took my leather jacket then walked with Juliet and Mandana outside.  We're going to use my car this time.  So I told the security to wait for us this afternoon, in case we go back a bit late.  Massimo has vanished again.  Don't ask.  He cares about the report tomorrow.

"Here we go..."  I murmured.  I got Juliet on my side and Mandana on the back.

"James texted me again.  They're there."

"There?  Already arrived?  Oh goodness why life's difficult.  I thought it's still 10.30?"  I freaked out.

"It is.  He's in fact saying sorry for coming earlier.  Take our time.  It's still 11 am.  We don't ruin anything."  Mandana answered again.

"Yet."  Juliet added.

"I'm not kidding my head is torn apart right now."  I rush drove to Starbucks.

"Me too.  But thank goodness there's no traffic."  Juliet glanced at me.

"Yeah.  But please, I want to take a power nap first to stop myself from thinking too much."  I pouted which made them both chcukled.

"Alright alright.  Let's go."  Mandana hopped out of the car.

I was preparing my phone purse and everything else while my two team members have got the office equipment, but then my eyes got trapped in one silhouette.  Dang.  Why so good.  Who's that.

"May, come on!"  Juliet whispered.

"Oh right.  Sorry."  I walked toward them.

Mandana opened the door for me and Juliet but as always, it's the boss the took the first step.  Not because I asked Juliet to step back.  But more likely she pushed me to walk in front of them.  So I walked in.  And met the first profile who fit the silhouette that I saw a minute ago.

"Good afternoon!"  I cheered the awkward situation.  "I'm May.  This is Mandana and Juliet."

"Hey hello, I'm James."  A nice guy stood up and shook our hands.

"Hello James, nice to meet you."  I smiled.

"Have a seat, please."  James pleased us.  "And meet the band members.  We're Before You Exit.  I'm the road manager, and this is Anthony the merch guy."

"Hi.  Nice meeting you."  I shook Anthony's hand too.

"They're the band members.  The McDonough brothers, there are Riley, Toby, and Connor.  The drummer, Thomas.  And the bassist, Ryan.  So yeah, here we are."

"Welcome to Nashville, all.  Hope you like the weather."  Mandana replied.

"We do.  Thanks so much."  The guy with the snapback, which I just knew named Toby, spoke.

"So, where we are with this?"  I immediately started the meeting.

"We really want to have a small package of tour, in between our spare time before preparing for Europe one.  So I want to know what you can offer us."  James answered.

"Perfect.  We also have come with some plans that have been written on each paper.  I would like you guys to study it first, before we choose which one is the best and talk about further technical stuff."  I nodded.

"I like this one."  Connor waved with the paper in his hands.  "The venue list is perfect."

"Let me see?"  James took it from Connor.

"Are you the manager, May?"  Connor still stared at me.

"Yeah...I am.  But we're team.  Mandana's basically my main planner and but everything has to pass Juliet's approvement as project officer."  I simply smiled.

"I agree, this is better.  I like the idea of leaving LA and Vegas as the closing show because that would be huge."  James nodded.  "I think we got this?"

"Yeah yeah."  Riley nodded.

"We're in.  Anything."  Thomas and Ryan nodded in unison.

"Done.  Wow, how easy!"  Anthony chuckled.

"Glad you like the plan."  Juliet took a note and pen, ready to take some requests.  "Shall we talk about the prep?"

"We actually have already the prep team inside, who handle all the instruments.  We got it all.  The drums, guitar, even keyboard.  I think we're good.  The main idea is to collect as many crowd as we can, and surely we need a great presentation and selling."  Anthony explained.

"That's well prepared though.  Then we're good!  About the ticket selling..."  Mandana stared at me, quietly, trying to find an idea withing each other's eyes.

"Well...I have an idea.  I've done my research on YouTube and Twitter, and learn about your fans' pattern.  They like video updates, for sure.  I know photos could make such a huge impact too, but I believe they rely so much on YouTube.  So...why not making a video saying you're going on tour?  And probably another cover song?  But the last idea has to match your daily plan too.  If only you got a plan to shoot another cover music video..."

"That's brilliant, May.  Seriously."  Connor stopped my words.  "We actually can do everything that you say."

"Right.  I agree.  We plan on making Thinking Out Loud cover.  So why not making a teaser video of it, as well as tour announcement?"  Riley added.

"Yes!"  Toby high-fived Thomas.  "I love making people curious..."

"Haha.  You rude."  Thomas slapped Toby's hand playfully.

"Alright.  If you guys agree, then we'll do it!"  James exclaimed.  "We're in wonderful Nashville anyway.  A video shooting would be awesome."

"I mean...you already have the audio record of it?"  I stuttered.  Dang, that song is my favorite.  How to not freak out at this level.

"We have, since a million years ago.  But we just posted Steal My Girl cover, so we hold it back."  Riley nodded.

"Great."  Mandana wrote something.  "Thank you guys for making our work easier!"

"Hahaha...  I guess we can get along really really well, girls."  Anthony high-fived us three.

"I smell Starbucks..."  Toby danced and pulled Ryan's hand to walk to the cashier line.

"Of course bro, you're in Starbucks."  Riley rolled his eyes.  "Pardon my brother."

"Sure sure."  I giggled.

"So...three of you, who's who?"  Juliet asked.  We have closed our meeting so it came down to leisure moment now.

"Us?  Oh, I'm Riley, again.  I'm the middle.  This is the eldest one, Connor.  And that dude with TM hat right there, is our youngest."  Riley explained.

"Don't make me look like real old."  Connor squinted his eyes playfully.

"Because you are."  Riley chuckled.

"But James..."  Connor made a joke.

"Nice.  So sweet."  James glared.

Three of us, the girls, only laughed at their jokes.  So fun today, spending time with the band that's growing big, but not a second having rude moment at us.  They don't see us as real tour partners.  But more likely friends.  Anthony treated us Starbucks.  I still catch up with James for some details that I remember I should ask, alongside the fun talks.  We're good.  But inside, I'm exploding.  Blue eyed guys are my weakness.