Chapter 5

. . .Tap tap tap "She must have been eavesdropping on what we were talking about. Let's have a look, shall we?"

. . .

          Y/N heard footsteps headed towards the door and hurried to the other door beside her. She leaned against the wall and fidgeted with her hair. The door creaked open and Sir Kaeya stepped out into the hallway.

          "Oh? Not enough time to run to somewhere better?" Kaeya thought as he turned to her. "Excuse me," Kaeya said in a gentle tone. Y/N turned her head and saw the blue-haired man from earlier. "D-Did he notice I was outside the door?" Y/N's thoughts were in a mess as she stood properly and answered nervously, "Y-Yes?" "You must be the stranger with Amber earlier. Why are you all by yourself now?" Kaeya asked in a cold voice. "Well...I... Amber is..." The knight took several steps closer to Y/N, "Well?" "How long can you last in this silence?" . . .

           The doors to the library opened, "Kaeya, don't go around bullying and teasing people!" Amber said as she and Lisa made her way to Y/N. "I wasn't that loud, was I? I beg your pardon, I was not bullying nor teasing this lady." Kaeya answered as he stepped away from Y/N.

          "No you weren't loud, my senses told me so," Amber said as she crossed her arms. "This outrider has senses now?" Kaeya said and chuckled lightly. Amber stomped her foot in frustration, "You!"

          "Enough, everyone in my office now," Jean said from the doorway of her office. Amber looked at Jean and tilted her head slightly. "This stranger that you are helping as well."

. . . . .

          Jean made her way behind her desk while everyone else stood before it. "My apologies, stranger. That was not the first impression I was intending to make. I am Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius." Jean said as formal as she could.

          All eyes were soon on Y/N. Y/N kept her posture and spoke with a confident but humble voice, "I am Y/N, I apologise for troubling everyone here." Kaeya flipped a coin, "It isn't much of a trouble, we don't have any difficult tasks at the moment." Silence filled the room, each knight pondered about relevant questions they should ask this outlander.

          Lisa was the first to speak, "Do you recall which nation you are from and how you got lost?" Y/N looked at Lisa, "I'm not sure where I'm from... as for how I got lost, I'm afraid I can't remember that either." Kaeya looked at Y/N with disappointment, "You don't remember anything else? Just your name?" Y/N nodded and once again the room was filled with silence.

          "What is with this silence? Why try so hard to just ask me a few questions?" She thought as she looked at Amber. Y/N hoped that she could break the silence.

          Amber noticed the outlander got uncomfortable, "We should help her get her memories back!" Everyone looked at Amber, "Amber... Is this really that big of a case?" Lisa asked. Jean who was observing the situation spoke up, "After further discussion with the Knights of Favonius, we will decide. Y/N, you should get some rest. Could someone offer her a place to temporarily stay?"

          Kaeya raised his hand slightly and spoke, "I could offer a place to stay. My manor is quite large after all, there's plenty of room-" The doors of Jean's office opened, in came a red-haired man. "I'll offer her a place to stay. It's safer in my mansion as well," the man spoke in a dry voice.

          Before the two could argue any further, Jean raised her hand and spoke, "She will stay with Master Diluc. Everyone is dismissed, I will inform the Knights of Favonius about the meeting later on."

          "M-Master Diluc? He doesn't seem friendly at all... What is happening?"  Y/N thought. Kaeya scoffed, "I'll be taking my leave now." He turned around and left the office. "Oh dear..." Lisa said as she made her way to the bookshelves on the left of the room. "Pay no attention to him, sweetie. Now, I'll get back to work." Lisa scanned through the books on the shelves.

          Diluc spoke, "Time for us to leave." Y/N nodded and followed behind the tall man. A voice was heard from inside the office, "Outrider Amber, please close the door." The sound of the door closing was heard.

          "Master Diluc?" Y/N called out to him. "Yes? Is there a problem?" Diluc asked without looking at her. "Not at all, I was just wondering..." Diluc cut her off before she could speak any further, "You can put your questions on hold. Let's head back to my manor first, shall we?" 

          It was a silent trip to the gates of the city of freedom. A carriage was prepared at the gate, a knight saluted and spoke, "Master Diluc, the carriage is ready." Diluc nodded and thanked the knight.

          Diluc opened the door for Y/N, "Thank you, Master Diluc." Y/N said and entered the carriage. Diluc closed the door and walked to the other side to enter. He closed the door as he sat down. Silence filled the air.

. . .

          The carriage started to move after a few seconds, the horse's hooves made a rhythmic sound as it galloped.