Chapter 10

The morning sun shined into Y/N's bedroom. She turned to her right and the sunlight shined directly onto her face. "I don't want to wake up just yet," Y/N mumbled as she pulled the covers to her face.

          A maid knocked on her bedroom door, "Miss Y/N, breakfast will be served in an hour," the maid said and left in a hurry. "An hour... it's still far away..." Y/N pushed the covers away and sat up in bed. "But I really should get ready," she mumbled.

           Y/N got up from her bed and headed to the bathroom. She entered and looked in the mirror. Her eyes widened as she saw that her sweet eyes had been turned into golden eyes. "My eyes... th-they became gold?!" Y/N got closer to the mirror. She somehow felt anger in her heart.

          The mirror started to crack from the centre. Y/N backed away from the mirror as it shattered into pieces. Shards of glass were everywhere on the bathroom floor. "I... I shouldn't get too close to mirrors." Y/N shook her head and used magic to make the broken pieces float, "I can fix this..." The pieces floated back to the frame and pieced together one by one. Y/N closed her open palm and the pieces merged. It created the beautiful mirror it once was before she shattered it.

          Y/N continued to get ready as she pondered about her golden eyes. After she took her shower, she made a blue dress appear on her body, "This will do," she said as she slid on a pair of matching heels.

Reference

          Y/N felt as if something was missing, "It's probably nothing

          Y/N felt as if something was missing, "It's probably nothing... but I do feel like I'm missing a bracelet or... another accessory." She was lost in her thoughts as she left her bedroom and headed to the dining room.

          Diluc was seated at the same chair as yesterday, "Good morning." Y/N replied, "Good morning, Master Diluc." She sat in the same chair as yesterday as well. "I'm sorry, I was such a hassle..." Diluc looked at Y/N's eyes, "Her eyes... is it the effect of the potion?" "It's... alright. Kaeya was the one that did the travelling, perhaps apologise to him." The room was filled with silence as they ate.

. . .

          "I'll be busy for the day. If you need any help, the Knights of Favonius could lend a hand. Do keep in mind to not rely on them too much. I'll take my leave now," Diluc said in his usual tone as he left the dining room. Y/N stood up and left after him.

          Y/N had been wondering the hallways of the manor for quite some time. She noticed a maid and asked a question, "Excuse me, where is the library?" The maid bowed and answered, "It's on the second floor to the right, you won't miss the double door." Y/N thanked the maid and headed towards the library. She wanted to spend some time reading before she left the manor in search of her memories.

. . . At the Favonius Headquarters . . .

          "Knights, please leave the premises," Kaeya said as he made his way to Jean's office. "Sir, yes sir!" the knights answered as they left their posts. Kaeya knocked on Jean's office. "May I come in?" "Yes." He entered and closed the door behind him.

          Jean was seated at her desk reading the paperwork she was given. "What brings you here, Sir Kaeya?" Jean asked as she kept her eyes on the paperwork. Kaeya made his way to the chair in front of Jean and stood beside it. "I have news from Hyacinth Kingdom. They require our help."

          Jean pushed her paperwork aside, "Whom exactly requires our help?" Kaeya smirked, "Well, the royal family. Surprising, isn't it?" Jean nodded, "They don't usually ask for help from other nations. Their knights are capable of doing pretty much everything... What is the situation?"

          Kaeya said calmly, "The royal family had lost their daughter and sent their knights to meet me to share the intel. They wouldn't tell me the time of her disappearance." Jean placed her hands together, "We have never met the princess in person. Did they give a photo of her?" 

          Kaeya shook his head and Jean sighed, "How are we supposed to find a person if we don't know..." Kaeya continued Jean's sentence, "Their name or features." Kaeya continued, "It's suspicious how only the people of Hyacinth know of the princess's name and appearance."

          Jean stood from her chair and walked towards the window, "It seems like they wanted to keep her identity a secret till the right moment. Haven't you meet the princess before?" Kaeya looked at the paperwork, "That's... a lot of unfinished work." "Yes, I have... That was a few years ago, I doubt her highness would look the same."

          Kaeya made his way to the bookshelf and leaned against the railing. He continued, "They don't want to send knights out to search for her because they fear more problems would arise. If the Fatui got hold of this intel, they would make great use of it. They also asked to keep this private. They threatened they would have our heads on a silver plate if we told another soul." Jean asked, "Who can know of this?" Kaeya answered in a frustrated tone, "Librarian Lisa, Outrider Amber, Master Diluc and us."

          Jean spoke after sometime, "Don't the royal family have connections with Celestia?" Kaeya shook his head, "Our nations are in good terms. They don't want others to take this to their advantage. As far as I know, they've only informed us about the situation. The king and queen are too busy to attend to this, the princes are in Snezhnaya and can't return at the moment."

          "Let's go to the library," Jean said as she made her way to the door. "We need to discuss this with Lisa, Amber and Master Diluc." "This paperwork can wait..."

. . . At Hyacinth Castle. . .

          The library was silent until a knight walked in, "Your Majesty, Gwyn from the special forces of the Knights of Eleftheria, reporting." "Raise your head and speak," the king said in a humble voice. "King Gabriel, Sir Kaeya of the Knights of Favonius has received the intel," Gwyn said as he bowed again when the queen entered the library. "Raise your head. Gwyn, please drop the formalities with us," the queen said. "Yes, Queen Lucid," Gwyn said as Queen Lucid elegantly sat next to the king at the library table.

          "As I said before, Sir Kaeya had received the intel. We did not inform anything else." "Let's see if they can find her," the king said. "My king, why are you doing this? It is placing the princess's life at risk." The room was silent.

          Queen Lucid spoke, "To make the best out of this situation and test the Fatui Harbingers. We are in good terms with the harbingers so far after all." King Gabriel continued, "Will the harbingers ignore this or will they take action? Their move will either break or strengthen the relationship between the royal family and the Fatui."

          Gwyn nodded his head and looked down, "I... do apologise for my mistake... I had also failed to track down any traces of magic..." "It's fine, we are certain she will be able to take care of herself. Please leave, we have other matters to attend to," King Gabriel said in a tired voice. Gwyn bowed and left the library.

          "Gabriel..." The queen started to get worried. The king sighed, "She will be fine, all the training she had won't go to waste..."

. . . At Diluc's Manor . . .

          Y/N finished reading two chapters of a book. She stood up from the chair and placed the book back at its respective place on the shelf. "That was a nice book but... I prefer something else," she said as she left the library.

          She soon decided to teleport to Mondstadt in search of Amber, "She annoys me slightly but she does have a kind heart..." Before Y/N teleported she had another thought, "I should teleport to Favonius Headquarters."