Chapter 1: The Mission

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, but I own the plot.

Warning: A bit out of character.

Chapter
I
The Mission

***

Brown eyes that stares at the skies beauty with perfectly framed delicate lashes. A silky dark brown hair locks slightly parted to the left side. And milky skin framing a delicate and fragile form—the small body still having hard and prominent muscles, slight traces of baby fat struggling to make itself known. His face was like a pearl—smooth and white with plump pink lips and a sharp nose. Honestly he was beyond breathtaking, as if looking at a sinful dream.

"You're staring at him like a piece of meat Yaba Zhang." The voice cooed playfully. Staring at the man, Zhang Qi Ling, who stood next to him.

Zhang Qi Ling was drop-dead gorgeous, when compared to the young man they were watching, he held a much more mature and mysterious air. You couldn't even compare the stunning creatures. Zhang Qi Ling had, sun-kissed, caramel skin not even a freckle tarnishing the immaculate figure. He stood a few inches taller than other body, just as slim, if not more so. However his body still rough with similar muscles and the baby fat long gone. His features were sharp as dark, clouded onyx eyes stared down, raven black bangs slightly shadowing over the fierce glare. His black silky hair was long at the sides, just barely reaching his eyes, lightly brushing his long black eyelashes.

Zhang Qi Ling did not even acknowledge him nor reply to his playful jab. The building they are watching was a traditional Chinese antique shop that was also attached with a house; it was a house and a store at the same time. It was called Wu Shan Ju. Each room of this antique house had its own window; the only light on was in the kitchen, where the young man sat.

"I didn't ask for your help simply so you could harm the boy," Hei Xia Zi bluntly said.

"..." Zhang Qi Ling just stares blankly at Hei Xia Zi, waiting for an explanation.

"Well, he's your newest charge."

"Why exactly must I watch this young man?" Zhang QiLing finally responds.

"Because that young man is to take the name Emperor in three years and until that happens we can't lose him. The boy is named Wu Xie." Hei Xia Zi spared a glance at the raven, watching his reaction. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary he decided to continue, "Wu Xie is an amateur grave hunter. Heir to the Emperor of Mystic Nine."

"His grandfather was killed by a Heavenly Beast a year ago." Zhang Qi Ling said.

"That's right. That young man was sheltered and never been in a grave rubber expedition or any of the hunt. He looks naïve and innocence but he is aware whom to hate. And he probably hates us. Ahaha! Nothings new." Hei Xia Zi replied, as though it clarified everything.

"..." Zhang Qi Ling just stares at the horizon.

Hei Xia Zi looked at the raven, giving a small laugh. "You still haven't changed. But your interest has peaked has it not?"

"His grandfather and I worked together, nothing more, nothing less. As one of the Mystic Nine, our skills complimented each other. I have no reason to be interested in this mission more so than I would be for another."