Chapter 7: The Pencil

Audio titled: BLACK OR RED

Chapter
VII
The Pencil

***

Zhang Qi Ling held his temples, resisting the urge to run at the young man.

I dealt with the fact that Wu Xie walked home alone on a quiet night with no protection. But why did they go to a club—a creature's hunting ground, in the middle of the night? Even more, why did they have to let the future Emperor go to a club, when he'd under their protection? This is very suspicious. Zhang Qi Ling thought.

Zhang Qi Ling sat back on the building rooftop, where he was watching over the club. He raised an eyebrow as he saw a women dragging Wu Xie out of the club. It was really difficult to watch over Wu Xie in this kind of atmosphere. The piercing sounds making his ear throb, strong alcohol that made his nose burn, not to mention the large numbers of creature misdirecting his sensing ability.

He watched the women turn Wu Xie into an alley. Hiding him behind a large industrial trash bin. Zhang Qi Ling looked forward, observing them from afar and then suddenly he felt ominous yin energy.

Zhang Qi Ling released a small growl disappearing in a flash. He appeared next to Wu Xie and the women, the women having Wu Xie pushed against the wall her elongated teeth sunk into the flesh on his neck. She immediately moved away as Zhang Qi Ling appeared. Wu Xie collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

"Who are you?" Zhang Qi Ling spoke as two men appeared behind him. He casually looked back and stares at the two men, they looked like brothers. They have the same gray dyad hair color, the difference between them was their height.

"You dare disturb my hunting!" The women hissed, her eyes slit and her teeth like a sharks. She was obviously a shark type creature.

"You should know the consequences of going after a grave hunter," Zhang Qi Ling simply said.

"Some hunter, one of my easiest catches," The women hissed.

"..." Zhang Qi Ling almost agreed. Wu Xie was such an easy target, he's naïve and trustful to a fault.

"Fine then, you think you can take all three of us, Heavenly Creature?" The women teased. Zhang Qi Ling didn't bother to respond but instead he decided to attack the creature.

The women hissed lunging at him, a fierce punch aimed for his head. With ease he moved his head to the side, just enough so her punch missed. Calmly, he crouched as the other taller man sent a fierce hit to his neck, just narrowly missing him. Zhang Qi Ling gracefully moved away from the two, the third appearing in his path, moving at inhuman speeds, but when compared to Zhang Qi Ling he moved as fast as any other human.

The three creatures was shocked, without even trying Zhang Qi Ling had already shown the difference in skill.  The shorter man spun bringing his elbows back harshly, aiming for Zhang Qi Ling's neck. Zhang Qi Ling jumped away, avoiding the attacked. Then the women suddenly jumped, moving to tackle him as he landed, quicker than she could move, he was already out of her range. The last of the trio appearing behind him and this time moving recklessly, only trying to grab him. Once again Zhang Qi Ling was out of range before the tall man could even comprehend what happened, when the three looked again, Zhang Qi Ling was now on the rooftop.

Because Zhang Qi Ling forgot to bring his sword with him, he grabbed a pencil from his packet and decided to use it as a weapon.  "This have to work," he mumbled jumping from the building, releasing some of his yang energy as he looked at the three. He flicked the pencil forwards, and disappeared into thin air. When he appeared again he was now holding his pencil as if it was an army swift knife into the air. He had jumped down and was now standing behind the taller brother. Everything was frozen for a second before the creature finally fell to his knees, blood dripping down his neck. They fell forward turning to ask as they hit the ground.

"Bro-," Zhang Qi Ling began hearing the other two screaming for their fallen comrade. As he looked up, the world had slowed down, Zhang Qi Ling's sight mixed with his overwhelming speed, making time stopped. He appeared behind the shorter man and with a quick flick of his wrist, the pencil was stabbed at the creature's chest. Once he cleared the shorter man's body, he grabbed the pencil and shoots it forward to the women's head.

Zhang Qi Ling allowed his yang energy to be weaken, as time returned to normal, the two corps simultaneously turning to ashes.

Zhang Qi Ling reached down and grabbed Wu Xie's jacket. Pulling it off the young man's, the heavenly creature ripped the jacket in half. Then wrapped it on Wu Xie's neck, trying to stop the bleeding and pulling the young man into his arms. By now the mystic creatures and grave hunters in Wu Xie's group had most likely sensed him so he wouldn't have to worry about them.

Zhang Qi Ling jumped from the alley onto a nearby rooftop and went home with Wu Xie.

***
To be continued...