Chapter 3: The Job

Chapter
III
The Job

***

"Where are they?" Wu Xie mumbled as he looked around the park. Several young children dragging their parents around as they ran to and from the different playground equipment, they have this joyful expression and with their parents with them, it was much more enjoyable to play. Wu Xie slightly laughed at the display.

"Tian Zhen!" Wu Xie turned to the voice, seeing Wang PangZi. PangZi was a large man with a robust physique, and a friendly personality.

"PangZi!" Wu Xie smiled running over to the man.

"Come on, you're late Tian Zhen! We're going to a karaoke bar! Same team as always. Who loses will pay the bill."

"What!?! Are you desperate to lose again?" Wu Xie said while laughing.

"Hey! That was one time! And Hei Xia Zi is not with us today, so yeah! You're going to lose!"

"Not gonna happen and you know that! Anyways, are you ready?"

"Of course, Pangye is always ready when it comes to girls. It's a blind date, and we're very happy to be here! Tian Zhen, is this your first time? How many girls have you dated?" PangZi asked curiously.

"Is that important? Can I just skip that question? How many girls have you dated?" Wu Xie responds, avoiding the question.

"Tian Zhen, don't you change the topic. How many girls do you even know."

"I know some girls! Mama, grandma Wu, XiuXiu, Ah Ning, aunt Wenjin—''

"Stop! Stop! Tian Zhen, this is sad. Pangye will help you find a fine lady—this will be my life goal!" Pangzi exclaimed.

"Aiyoo! This is not important." Wu Xie was forcefully brought to a stop however, feeling a strange presence overcoming him. Turning, he looked into an ally, just barely seeing a figure dash from behind a large garbage can. "What was that." Wu Xie mumbled slowly, beginning to move towards to the ally, jumping when a hand grasped his shoulder. He turned seeing Pangzi's concern face.

"Come on, Tian Zhen! Time is of the essence! We don't want the girls waiting."

"Ah, okay... Pangzi?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you see something in that alley?" Wu Xie asked.

"The alley?" Pangzi questioned. Straining his eyes to see deeper into the alley.

"Ah, you know what, never mind, lets just go." Wu Xie smiled, roughly hitting Pangzi's back.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, come on!" Wu Xie said, grasping Pangzi's shoulder harshly and pushing him toward the others.

"Really?" Pangzi mumbled casting a final glance back at the ally, then continuing forward, towards their friends.

***

A few minutes ago...

I feel like a stalker, Zhang Qi Ling thought, watching the dark brown hair chat with his friends. Zhang Qi Ling hides behind an empty garbage can, looking like a total hobo. He regret hiding in this spot, why did he even agreed to this—oh, because he's the only one who could do this. Plus, this was the only way to let him stay on the land of the living, he don't want to stay at the office doing paperworks.