• Chapter 9 •

The house in front of me stood tall among its neighbors. Its half-circle driveway was congested with cars. Christina drove right past it and down a side street.

"Wasn't that it?"

"Yeah, but we don't park there. They have a garage in the back." I nodded and she pulled into a gravel driveway towards what looked more like a shed then a garage. 

"A garage?"

"Okay, not a garage. It's better than being parked out front, especially if the party gets busted. Now come on!"

I followed Christina and Mar through the back door and immediately the stench of sweating teenagers and alcohol stung my nose.

"Whoa."

"I know right!" Mar said way too excited. "Let's go find the guys."

We weaved our way through people. About 65% were in a drunken state and the party had only started a little while ago. I spotted Four in the middle of the living room dancing with Uriah and Zeke. He saw me and immediately walked over to me snaking his arm around my waist.

"You look amazing." He said and I blushed.

"Just friends," I said winking as I pushed him off of me.

"FOURTRIS FOR THE WIN!!!" I looked over at Christina and she was giving me an I told you so look while smiling widely. I rolled my eyes.

"Do you want a drink?" Four asked me shouting over the music.

"No thanks, I don't drink."

"Buzzkill."

I raised an eyebrow. "I prefer designated driver."

"How about nonalcoholic?"

"That would be nice."

"I'll be right back, stay put."

"I'll try."

I leaned against a wall, observing. The people around me were drunk and grinding all over each other. I turned my head down a hallway to see Zeke and Shauna making out.

"Ew no PDA please!" They turned and looked at me.

"Ew no Tris please!" Zeke remarked causing me to make a face. I turned my attention back to the crowded living room, where I saw Uriah and Four dancing like complete idiots. So much for getting me a drink.

"I can get you a drink." I heard in my ear and turn to see Eric standing next to me. I said that out loud. 

"I'll pass."

"C'mon baby girl let's just go upstairs. There's an amazing guest bed that had our names written all over it." He said licking his lips. I glared before shooting the heel of my boot into his foot.

"What the fuck was that for?!"

"No reason," I said with a smile.

I walked away from him and towards Four. When he saw me, he winked before turning back to Uriah. Then he looked back at me and the realization that he never got me a drink hits.

"Shit, I am so sorry. This song came on and I had to dance to it." He said as he walked over to me. I laughed.

"It's cool. I can go get one myself."

"You want to dance first?" He asked extending his hand to me.

"I would love to."

We danced and partied hard for a while before Zeke grabbed Four and I. We followed him to the basement, which was basically a home theater. The whole crew was sitting on the floor in a circle.