Bonus Chapter 4

Chapter 4 ━━ Personal Assistant

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

The next two months go better than she expected it to be. She loves the freedom she's experiencing. The love she's receiving from her aunt is the best thing out of them all. Her memories slowly grow back from an unknown reason as the days pass. Maybe because she was stung by a Shade at her life at Spring and was recovered by a serum WICKED sent with. 

Vera stretches her arms, lazily after finishing her work and walks out of her tent. Her job is to treat the injured. In her point of view, it brings her great pleasure to help people and she didn't want to give up the opportunities when Mary offered her the job. 

The jeeps of RightArm stop right in front of the camp. Sonya and Harriet jump out of it, leading a group of new faces towards the tents. 

And that's when she notices a familiar brunette standing with the group. She's as well as staring at her far from distance with the same curious expression on her face. 

The curiosity taking the best of her, Vera makes it to the group with long steps. The more she comes closer, the more clear she recognises the girl. It's Katherine, best friend. 

"Kat? Is that you?" Vera asks softly, taking the lead of the conversation. 

"Vera?" The brunette, Katherine, calls out and Vera nods with a smile, confirming her identity. She instantly pulls her into a tight hug, squeezing the girl into death. "Oh. Shit." 

"Oh god. Oh god. This is really great!" Vera exclaims, hugging her back. "I thought you died." 

Katherine turns to the Gladers to introduce her friend. "Guys, Tommo this is…" 

"…Vera. I do remember her." Thomas states and nods at the girl. 

Vera smiles at him as the response and sets her eyes on Teresa. "Teresa." 

"Hi." Teresa waves at her. 

"Hey, loser." Another too familiar voice to her choice, who she recognises as her friend from her maze, Chris does a salute at the girl as her eyes land on the group B twins. "Good to see ya." 

"Chris." Vera smiles heartily as she looks between them. "And Aris." 

Katherine's wide eyes glue on the group B twins who share a group hug with the girl. "You guys know each other?" 

"She was in our maze." Aris shrugs. 

"Where's Vince?" Sonya asks the blonde girl. 

Vera points to her right lazily. "Somewhere over there, I think." 

"Who's Vince?" Katherine questions. 

"He's the one who decides if you get to stay." Harriet replies. 

"I thought the Right Arm was supposed to be an army." An Asian boy from Katharine's group of friends says, looking around with a confused look on his face. 

Vera's heart beats in an unusual way at the sight of him. He's too handsome for her liking and seems to be a little older than her and has strong arms and short, black hair. 

"Yeah, we were. This is all that's left of us. Lot of good people died getting us this far." Vince appears from the nearest tent. He scans the group before looking back at Harriet. "Who are they?" 

"They're Immunes. Caught 'em coming up the mountain." Harriet responses. 

"Did you check 'em?" Vince asks.