prologue

♛∞︎︎♛"𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭

♛∞︎︎♛
"𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭.. 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘥."
♛∞︎︎♛

"YOUR MAJESTY... you look more sad than usual.." Midoriya said nervously.

"I've told you countless times, call me Shoto," the prince grumbled. "And it's nothing. Just a bit of heartbreak.."

"Do you need me to get your sister?"

"No. I don't want to bother her. Besides, I'm sure I'll get over it."

Midoriya looked at him worriedly as they were walking through the town square. Todoroki's guard, Tenya Iida, trailed behind them.

"If it helps at all, I can listen to your troubles." Midoriya gave a shaky grin.

Todoroki sighed and thought for a moment. "Well.."

"I-It's alright i-if you don't wanna t-talk about it!" He waved his hands in front of him frantically as to not offend his friend.

"No, it's fine. It's just.. I feel so miserable. Cuz she... never mind."

Midoriya thought for a moment, pausing as he started mumbling. Todoroki glanced at the boy, confused. Iida had paused as well and deadpanned.

"Midoriya, you're mumbling again!" Iida did his little hand chop thing as he tried to get his attention.

"O-Oh!" The green-haired boy jumped, startled. "I meant to ask a question! D-Did you like Yaoyorozu?"

".. what?"

"I'm sure what Midoriya was trying to ask was if you held any romantic feelings for the daughter of the Duke and Duchess, Yaoyorozu?"

"Oh... Momo?" Todoroki asked.

"Well, you mentioned heartbreak, and she is one of the only girls you have interacted with in the past couple of months.." Midoriya mumbled. "And the only girl you know that's not family..."

"I blame my father for it."

"Didn't she also take a vow of celibacy or something?" Iida asked.

"Iida." Midoriya passive-aggressively smiled.

"Sorry."

Todoroki flinched as something poked him in the arm.

"Hello, sirs," A boy with a lisp and ball-like hair said.

"Um.. hi?"

"I have to invite some people to a party at the Fukushima Kingdom."

"Fukushima?" Midoriya asked, glancing at Todoroki at the mention of their rival kingdom.

"Yeah, I can't read so would you be so kind to read the names off the list for me?"

Todoroki nodded. "Sure."