𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"How about... her?"

Thomas caught the ball and glanced to his left. There was a black-haired girl walking across the grounds of MBS. She was short. Like, really short. Pretty, he guessed, but he wasn't paying that much attention.

The brunet shrugged and looked back up. He was sitting at the base of a tree on the school grounds. His legs were up in the air resting against the trunk, with Brenda sitting beside him, running her hands through his dark hair absentmindedly. They were scoping out the hot kids, which wasn't working out that well.

"Alright how about..." Brenda looked around the grounds for a moment before pointing someone out.
"Him."

He was a brunet boy. Tall and buff. Kind of a weird mix of Newt and Minho. Thomas shrugged again.

"Not my type."

"Oh come on Thomas," Brenda sighed, undoing a little plait in his hair. "He's cute, shorter than you so you could be the dominant one, and have you seen that jawline? Oh. My. God."

Thomas shrugged again, his mind traveling to Newt.

"I've seen sharper jawlines Brenda."

She scoffed. "Okay, other than Newt, cause I know thats who you're thinking about—" his cheeks flushed quickly. "—have you seen a straight jawline?

"I've seen a gayer ones."

Brenda sighed dramatically and lied down on the grass beside Thomas. She put her head next to his, laying in the opposite direction of him, so they fit together. Kind of like the couple on the cover of The Fault in our Stars.

"So what happened to that redhead from the club?" Thomas asked, shifting the topic.

The brunette girl shrugged as Thomas continued throwing the ball in the air. "We had a great time. She spent the night but..." Brenda trailed off. "I don't know. I didn't think it was gonna last."

Thomas rolled his eyes dramatically. "You're so determined to find love."

She punched his arm. "Shut up. No one here's looking for love. We're all looking for sex."

The boy scoffed and got another punch. "Seriously bitch," she continued. "We're all horny as fuck teenagers with needs."

She laid back on the ground next to him. They threw the ball back and forth in the light breeze. It had been a few days since Thomas had gotten really drunk. It was Saturday afternoon. There was a warm breeze, the sun was shining, and everyone was outside. Most of the girls in dresses and half the guys shirtless. There were a couple of kids in bathers tanning and getting checked out. Thomas and Brenda were definitely not looking.

Brenda threw the ball back to Thomas. Just as he went to catch it, the ball was snatched from the air. Thomas frowned up at Minho, who was leaning against the tree with the ball in hand. He was grinning down at them.

"Get up lovebirds were going swimming."

The brunets rolled their eyes and Thomas pulled himself into a sitting position, leaning against Brenda. "Where?"

Just at that moment a blonde boy waked over to them, wearing a grey tank top and black shorts.

"The lake Tommy. No one else knows about it. And those who do think it's swimming with disease."

Thomas frowned. "And is it?"

Newt shrugged, smirking. "I don't know. That's what I heard from Teresa," he added with a wink.

He licked his lips, smirking at the brunet. Thomas carefully turned his gaze to Minho. "So we have it to ourselves?"

"Bingo."