2

The sky is dark, the ground is wet. Im Nayeon steps out of her ride and adjusts her outfit. She swipes her card and the cab drives off.  She looked up to the sky, just in time for the sun to hide itself behind the horizon. She was met with little droplets plunged from the sky, and landing delicately on her shoulders and head.

She loved rain. Everything about rain. The whispering hum as sheets of precipitation plummeted to the water-forsaken ground, the often unanticipated flashes of lightning or the rolls of ominous thunder. She loved it all. Those facts were what truly created, in her opinion, a perfect rainy atmosphere. However, she absolutely despised being in it. She didn't mind, as it only irritated her soft skin slightly.

As the sky continued to cry, Nayeon walked onto the wet pavement that led into the building in front of her. The small lawn beside it was littered with puddles and little bugs shielding themselves from the bits of water that rained from the sky. 

She found herself at the front door. There hung a sign.

She scoffed and entered the building

It wasn't a very lively bar. Neon signs lit up the atmosphere, making an ambient buzzing noise. The surroundings were very old fashioned, the design dating back to early 2000s. She looked around. The ceiling looked as if it were to collapse at any minute, and the tiles were oilier than the ocean. 

Almost immediately, there were a few eyes on her. Nayeon just shrugged it off and continued further into the bar.  She looked through her objectives for that night.

NEW MISSION: FIND THE DETECTIVE

She looked towards the people that were eyeing her. Scanning their faces, not one of them were the detective. She looked around at others, some interesting names popped up. 

Roseanne Park, 30, On the run for aggravated assault.

Baek A Yeon, 34, Arrested for Drunk driving.

Park Jae Dun, 32, On the run for illegal gambling.

Although these are indeed criminals, Nayeon has no authority to arrest them. Her mission is clear, to find one person and one person only.

She walks about and scans more faces, none of which are the person she's looking for. Eventually, she finds the inspector at the bar, hunched over with a cup of vodka in their hand. 

She scans her face to make sure.