3

It was a quiet neighborhood, until one of the residents reported the stench of blood in a particular house.

"Stay in the car." Inspector Yoo commanded as she pulled over on the side of the road.

"Detective, My instructions are to accompany you." Nayeon protested.

"Look, I have zero fucks to give about your instructions. So you shut up, and wait here." Jeongyeon stood firm.

CONFLICTING ORDERS. SELECTING PRIORITY....

Jeongyeon just sighed with a hint of disgust before exiting the car slowly. "Fuckin androids." She muttered before adjusting her coat and walking across the street to the crime scene. She crossed over the yellow tape, flashing her ID to the guards before approaching the other detectives.

"What do we have, sis?" Jeongyeon greeted them.

"Detective Yoo, you will refer to me as your senior." Her sister, Seungyeon ordered. 

"Yeah, yeah heard that before. Who's dead, and what's the murder weapon?" Jeongyeon grabbed the tablet that Seungyeon offered. 

"You smell of liquor." Seungyeon pinched her nose. "Were you drinking? I thought I told you to stop."

"Well, that didn't really work out, did it?" Suddenly, the duo heard commotion at the entrance of the scene.

"Hey, No androids allowed! Please return to your owner." The guards yelled out.

"Sorry, I can't do that"

Jeongyeon sighed when she saw the android. "That android's with me." She interrupted.

"So you finally got an android..." Seungyeon chuckled and punched her sister's shoulder.

"Haha, very funny." Jeongyeon gave the tablet back and turned to Nayeon. "I thought I told you to stay in the car!"

"Your orders contradicted my instructions, Detective." Nayeon blurted out. "I can't accompany you if i'm in the car."

"Listen, if you are gonna do this, then you follow my orders, you hear me?" Jeongyeon pointed a finger to Nayeon's chest, threatening her.

"Understood." Nayeon nodded with her arms up in surrender and Jeongyeon backed down. 

"Good. Don't talk, don't touch anything, and stay out of my way. Got it? " Jeongyeon ordered.

"Got it." Nayeon nodded again and they followed Seungyeon into the house.

"Goddamn, this place reeks of blood and shit!" Jeongyeon immediately remarked when she entered the house. 

"Was even worse before we opened the windows." Seungyeon handed the tablet to another police officer. "Victim's name is Park Jong Min, aged 67. He has a record for theft and aggravated assault. According to the neighbours, he was kind of a loner. Didn't come out for anything except for food."

"This wasn't worth calling everybody out in the middle of the night..." Jeongyeon's laziness sighed. "Could've waited till morning." 

Out of nowhere, Nayeon suddenly went over to a pool of dried blood and knelt down. She observed the blood for a short while before using two fingers to scoop some blood and taste it. Unfortunately, this action didn't go unnoticed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Nayeon?!" Jeongyeon quickly grabbed her hand and pulled the android up and away from the evidence.

"I have a built-in scanner embedded in my tongue. I have analyzed the blood, it belongs to the victim." Nayeon explained herself.