5

Nayeon opened her eyes. She was in a beautiful garden, spring trees blossoming around a shallow pond as bridges laid the path to the center. 

She followed the short path and admired the garden. Beautiful butterflies hovered over gorgeous flowers, and the delightful rays of sunlight brought life to the trees and to the ground.

She eventually found herself crossing the small bridge to the center of the pond, where she found a woman trimming some plants.

"Hello, Jennie." Nayeon greeted the woman.

The woman, now Jennie, gracefully set the scissors aside without turning around. "Nayeon...It's good to see you. How have you been in your investigation?"

"We're doing quite well."

"I must congratulate you, Nayeon. Finding that deviant was far from easy, and the way you interrogated it was very clever. You've been remarkably efficient, Nayeon."

"Thank you, Jennie." Nayeon gave a smile. 

"We've asked the SKPD to transfer it to us for further study

"We've asked the SKPD to transfer it to us for further study. It may teach us something about what happened." Jennie trimmed off another flower from the wall.

"The interrogation seemed...challenging. What did you think of the deviant?"

"It showed signs of PTSD after being abused by its owner, as if it's original program had been completely replaced by new instructions."

"This...Detective Yoo has been officially assigned to this case, what do you make of her?"

"I'd say she's irritable, and socially challenged. I also think she used to be a good detective. She's ... intriguing."

"Unfortunately, we have no choice but to work with her." Jennie put down her spray bottle. "What do you think is the best approach?"

"I will try to establish a friendly relationship with her. If I can get her to trust me, it'll be helpful to the investigation."

Jennie turned around and gave Nayeon a cold stare

Jennie turned around and gave Nayeon a cold stare. "More and more androids show signs of deviancy. There are millions in circulation. If they become unstable, the consequences will be disastrous."