The House is burning down, burning down!

Dear Diary, 

Today my dad asked me if I would make dinner for us because he was working (from home) and was really busy.  So I decided to make lasagna. I can make a really good lasagna. After I finished making the lasagna I poped some rolls in the oven.

"Dad, what do you want to drink?", I yelled from the kitchen.

"Water will be fine," He called back to me, typing furiously on his computer.

I walk over to the fridge and fill up a glass with water. Clink, Clink, Click, the icecubes go as I drop three into the glass. I set it at his placemat along with my glass of milk. I check the oven, twenty minutes left. 

I walk upstairs to my room. My room has lots of books, once I counted and I have 663. I grab "The Vanderbeekers Of 141st Street." I've already read it five times, but I love it. I've read the second one too. I start chapter 5 and get lost in the story. I don't hear the oven beep.

I'm at chapter 10 when I hear the sound of something burning and the smell of smoke. I quickly remember the forgotten lasagna and run down the stairs, leaving my book on my bed. When I get to the kitchen I see my dad trying to pour water on the fire. It's spread to almost all around the kitchen.

"Dad, we need to get out of here!", I yell frantically.

"It's ok, I'll get it Taylee," My dad says.

"The fire is too big! We can call 911!", I yell as I run into the den to grab my dad's phone.

"TAYLEE STOP!", He yells with so much force that I drop the phone. "If you call 911, they'll make us leave."

"So you want to die?", I say loudly.

"NO!", He yells.

"I'm not staying in here, I calling 911!"I yell as I start to run to the door.

"NO!", He screams as he grabs me.

"What are you doing?", I cry as I twist and try to get to the door.

"Taylee, you can't go out there!", He yells.

I finally break free of his grasp. I sprint out the door and out to the sidewalk, too afraid and scared to realize I'm finally outside. I dial 911, my fingers trembling.

"This is 911, what's your emergency?", Says a female voice calmy. How is she calm, when she knows something terrible is happening?

"The house is on fire (Sniffe), and my dad is, he's still in there and, and he won't come out", I say breaking into a sob.

"Where is your address?", She asks.

"Maple Street, 455," I say.

"We'll be right there, don't go back in the house, "She says.