Chapter 4: Just the Two of us

Episode 3: The Swedish Job

As it turned out, Diego hadn't come back after three hours and like he had said she could do, Isabel dragged him back to the television shop

As it turned out, Diego hadn't come back after three hours and like he had said she could do, Isabel dragged him back to the television shop. She found him lying in a pool of his own blood, no trace of his attacker but she had guessed that his father was probably the culprit. She had used her powers to stop the bleeding but couldn't,t make the wound disappear completely. Back at the television shop, Five was nowhere to be found, again, so Lila had to help her bring Diego up the stairs. Isabel was worried, but she didn't let the panic win her over and instead focused on keeping him alive. They placed him on the couch and Isabel took off his shirt, careful to not touch the stab wound. Needless to say that that wasn't the way she imagined seeing him half-naked for the first time. She also removed a few of the many knives he had hidden over his body, leaving them on the coffee table.

Isabel barely had time to prepare correctly for the procedure but that had become a normal thing with the Hargreeves family. Having untied Elliott early in the night, the man was able to bring her a medical kit before retreating to the kitchen while Lila sat on a chair facing the couch where Diego was laying on, unconscious.

An idea suddenly formed in Lila's mind. "I'll go get some painkillers for the man-baby. Do you need anything else?"

Isabel barely looked to answer the girl, focused on her task. "Some vaseline would be great." She answered with a low monotoned voice. "And more bandages."

"Okay, I'll be back later," Lila answered, not getting a reaction from Isabel. Seeing how much Isabel was busy with saving her boyfriend, Lila seized the opportunity to steal one of Diego's knives, the action going unnoticed by the former paramedic, and exited the apartment. 

Isabel had managed to do half of the stitches before Diego started to wake up. She made sure that the makeshift surgical drape was hiding the wound correctly, knowing that Diego would faint again at the sight of the needle. She continued stitching him up, hoping to be done before his senses would fully come back to him but he seemed determined to wake up. Diego groaned and tried to look down but Isabel was quick to block his chin with her right hand.

"Don't move." She instructed before continuing her work. "Don't look either."

Diego nodded slightly, keeping his eyes on the ceiling. "What happened."

"I saved your reckless ass, that's what happened." She answered curtly and Diego remembered what happened. A part of him couldn't believe that his father would do such a thing.

"Did you go after me alone? You could've gotten hurt..."

Isabel interrupted him quickly, stopping the stitching. According to her, Diego always had the audacity to scold her for rash decisions when he was the one in the wrong. "I'm going to stop right there, a nice thank you, Isabel would suffice." Diego understood that she wasn't pleased with the situation.