Chapter 3: Dawn

Episode 2: The Frankel Footage

After Five had left his brother in the psychiatric facility Diego was placed in a padded cell with a straight jacket

After Five had left his brother in the psychiatric facility Diego was placed in a padded cell with a straight jacket. He had eventually managed to escape the facility, having to bring Lila with him to save them both from three blonde assassins. They had made their way to Lee Harvey Oswald's apartment building, Diego dead set on accomplishing his plan to save the president from an imminent assassination. However, Five found him before he could, convincing him to follow him back to Mortys. The trio had made their way to the television shop. Elliott burst inside the room, a loaded shotgun pointed to them. The man seemed disturbed, sweat dripping down his forehead. "Where did you get the film? 'The Frankel Footage.' The truth this time."

"You know this lunatic?" Diego asked his brother with an incredulous tone.

Five sighed. "New acquaintance. He's harmless."

"Are you sure about that?" Lila asked, pointing to the big gun directed to them.

"Are you or are you not an enemy of the people?" Elliott demanded with a loud voice. A beat passed before the brothers answered at the same time.

"Such an open-ended question, yeah."

"Really depends on the people."

"You move one more muscle, I will blow your brains out." Elliott brandishes his gun higher, hoping to appear more threatening but Five and Diego weren't phased. They had seen worse threats than a scared man.

Diego glanced at his brother"You want to take this or should I?" He asked.

"No, I got him." Five space jumped to Elliott, pushing his gun towards the ceiling, letting a bullet escape. Diego grabbed the gun out of his hands and unloaded it. Lila started to laugh, seemingly disturbed by the situation she had witnessed. "What the hell just happened?"

"Diego?"

The said man was not facing the door when she said his name but he immediately recognized her voice, her sweet voice that he had only been able to hear in his dreams for 73 days. Diego's eyes widened slightly, Lila gave him a confused look, not understanding why he was reacting this way. He turned around slowly and as soon as he posed his eyes on her, they filled with tears. She was even more beautiful than he remembered, her hair was slightly shorter and she seemed more mature. While he was observing her, she was doing the same, needless to say, that she already was a sucker for his long hair. Something about the way she stood, calm and beautiful, looking at the mess he thought he was. Her gaze was fixed on him with a relieved expression, mixed with yearning and love.

"I'm hallucinating." Was the only thing Diego managed to utter. She smiled at him and shook her head, a tear of joy falling from her eye.

For a moment, the two were stunned, remaining motionless and staring at each other from across the room. Five groaned, pulling them out of their stance. "Stop standing there like an idiot and go see her, damn it!"