Chapter 5: I Was Made for Loving You

Episode 4: The Majestic Twelve

It was now the following day; Five had returned from his escapade, Lila had made it back from the pharmacy hours later, Elliott had eaten his moldy tuna, and Isabel and Diego had done enough cardio to last them the whole week

"So, what, you just let her go?" Diego asked his brother who was pacing behind the couch where he was sitting. Five had found Vanya at a farm where she was acting as a nanny for a family. The day before, she had been attacked by the same three assassins who had attacked Diego and Lila at the asylum.

"Well, Vanya had a lot to process." Five sighed. "She'll come around. I know she will."

Isabel was sitting next to Diego, changing his bandage while Elliott brought the group drinks. Diego spoke again; "What about the guys that went after her?"

"The Swedes?"

"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?" Diego questioned.

"We don't."

Lila listened to their conversation with interest. "Any idea who sent them?" She asked. Isabel took a sip from her cup before Diego took it from her to do the same, not bothering to drink from his cup.

"Oh, I have my suspicions. But right now, our priority is finding Dad and getting answers, 'cause everything else depends on it."

"Which, for the record, I found him already--" Diego started but his brother was quick to interrupt.

"And then let him go before we could have a meaningful conversation."

Diego gave his brother an annoyed look. "He stabbed me."

"I'm surprised he waited this long, Diego. We've all had the urge." Five said, making Lila erupt in a fit of giggles, Elliott joining her. Isabel couldn't lie, she also thought it was funny. "Good thing I know where Dad's gonna be tonight."

Five handed an invitation slip to Diego. "Where'd you get this?"

"Found it at his office while he was busy stabbing you." Five said, receiving a sarcastic laugh from his brother who then read out the card out loud. "Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invite you to a gala..."

"Whoa, wait." Elliott interrupted him. "Hoyt Hillenkoetter? Are you serious?"

Isabel passed the invitation to Lila and spoke up. "You know him?" She asked but Lila talked before he could.

"We should go. Says there's gonna be a seafood tower.

"No, Hillenkoetter is... is one of the Majestic Twelve," Elliott explained.

The rest of the group furrowed their eyebrows, confused by what Elliott was bringing to the table. "The hell is the Majestic Twelve?" Diego asked.

Elliott headed to his desk where a ton of papers were scattered around along with many different pictures. He started rummaging through the piles, looking for a particular item, "It's a... a secret committee. Uh, scientists, military, uh, deep state. No one knows what they really do."