Chapter 2

Rose was uncharacteristically a bundle of nerves as she drove with Meg through the outskirts of London towards the studio, which sat on the fringes of the sprawling city. Before she knew it, the luminous letters spelling Sagewood loomed large above their heads. The chatty security guard Charlie waved them through the front gate with a rather charming smile and a flirty wink thrown Meg's way. The Nigerian man may have looked around fifty, but he still had it. As was clear by the way Meg blushed all the way down the main road of the lot.

Rose looked about at row upon row of massive, hanger-like buildings. Finally, coming to a stop next to Stage 3. It was another giant shed with a smaller office type building saddled next to it. Meg had warned it would seem daunting at first, but reassured her she'd be fine.

"Right, here we are, sweetie. Now stage 3 is where the interiors are being built, the Bennetts home, Netherfield, etcetera," Meg said as they exited the car and made their way towards a small door at the side of the sound stage.

"Oh, so they won't be using actual houses like in the other movies?"

"Exteriors yes, interiors no. The Director Jimmy Jackson wanted it this way. I tried to tell him using proper homes would feel more authentic, but no, he has a vision," Meg said as she waved her hands through the air above her head.

"Ah, okay. I guess it makes it easier with all the sets in one location."

"Hmm, here's hoping. At the end of the lot there's a replica nineteenth-century village that we'll be using as Meryton and then all the rest, gardens, forests, house exterior scenes and what-not are going to be shot in a couple of different locations, north of London and near Bath."

"Wow, that sounds so amazing. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books. I can't wait to see it come together," Rose said with an excited grin.

"Me too, sweetie. Now follow me and we'll go get you all set up."

"Thanks again for this, Meg. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem at all, dear. Tilly has nothing but praise for you and your dedicated work ethic. Now if you could rub some of that off on her, that'd be wonderful. That girl needs a good kick up the bottom."

They both smiled. Tilly really needed some sort of motivation to get her moving. Rose knew she'd struggled to come to terms with her mother's passing twelve years earlier. But living off her dad's money, shopping all day and drinking all night was not something she could, or he'd allow her to do forever. And she needed to realise that sooner rather than later. Rose couldn't imagine a life like that. All she had ever wanted was to become a nurse. All her studies aimed towards that one goal.

Hard work had been something her parents had ingrained into her from a young age. Of course, that was until her ex pointed out it was taking over her entire life. Now she was realising hard work was good, but in moderation. Life also needed to have a bit of fun and adventure mixed in too, and maybe even a sprinkling of love for good measure-if she was lucky.

Meg showed Rose around the place. It was a hive of activity. Sets being built, costumes being made, and several people running around like headless chickens, making sure everything was being done right. Introductions were made amongst the crew and Rose was shown to her desk just outside Meg's office. She met the other producers and assistants during a meeting to discuss their roles more and what they expected of her. By the end of day one, Rose was so excited. It would take her some time to figure out where everything was, but she knew she'd manage. Then, just before it was time to go home, Meg introduced her to Rolly. Rolly was going to be Rose's for the entire shoot.

"Go on, take her for a spin," said Meg.

"Are you sure?"

"Go for it, sweetie. I wanted to have a word with Jimmy, anyway. Go check out the rest of the lot and I'll meet you back here in about half an hour."