Chapter 1

"She can spit in my food anytime."
————

I yawned at looked at the time on the computer screen which we clocked on with. My shift started at 1 pm but I didn't finish till
10 pm. I groaned noticing theres still 4 hours and continued working the fryers.

It was a Wednesday so it wasn't too busy. Just a few people here and there. I look over towards the floor and see a few teenagers, and a few adults but one person catches my eye... He was really cute... he was just a little taller than me and looked around my age, if not a little bit older. The beeping of the timer snaps me back to reality and I press the button and pull a cage of nuggets out the oil vat. I work in kitchen which is pretty easy. Sometimes we have almost nothing to do so I just stand there awkwardly but today, chicken was popular due to a deal we had on our app. I pour the nuggets into a tray and slide it into the heated slot. As I do so, I hear a couple of teenagers talking about me.

"Dude look at her.." He says and I see him point to me from the corner of my eye.
"Damn shes hot..." The other one sighs.
"Imagine she hears us and spits in our food.."
"She can spit in my food anytime."

I gag at the response and head back to my station but as I do, my manager calls out to me.

"Y/n go on your half an hour. Aiden take over fry."

I sigh of relief and head over to the computer to clock on for my break, immediately heading for the girls locker room after and taking off my apron. I let my hair down after taking my hat off and pull on my hoodie before finally grabbing my credit card. I head onto the floor and to the kiosk to order something since I hadn't eaten yet and when I do, I notice someone having trouble on the other side. They notice me and blush looking down at their feet.

"That one has a lot of trouble. Let me help you." I walk around to the other side beside him. It was the boy who I saw... "What do you need?"
"I just want to order what's there if that's okay?" He smiles rubbing his neck.
"Yeah of course. When you tap on this one, the sensor thing is messed up so you need to press a little above it." I tap on the 'complete order' button and he smiles.
"Thank you so much." I smile back at him.
"No problem" I reply and head back to my side.

I order my food and get my discount code, paying afterwards. I wait in line and notice the same guy beside me. I want to talk to him but I don't have the confidence. I don't even have the confidence to talk to my crewmates half the time... I was often quiet while I worked. One of those 'Don't speak unless spoken to' kinda things. After waiting, I get my food and head back inside towards the break room. I sit down and eat my food while scrolling through videos on my phone.

I finish up my lunch break and my shift. I feel kinda sad since I didn't have the balls to speak to that cute boy but I try not to let it bother me. I make it home and drop my bag, laying in bed.

"I'm so tired..." I mumble to none other than myself and my eyelids flutter shut.

I realise I haven't even got my work clothes off so I sit up and pull off my shoes first. Afterwards, I get undressed and go for a shower.

I wash the grease from my hair and blow dry it afterwards. Once I'm done, I change into a pair of short shorts and a singlet and fall back into bed, falling asleep almost instantly as my head hits my pillow.