Chapter 4

"Don't touch me!"
————

He wants to speak to Nick... He's going to know it's another guy... he's going to actually kill me...
"She's in the shower-!" I say, thinking up an excuse.
"I'm sure she is..." he replies "get your ass home or I'll track you down and get you myself..." Fear encases me as those words ring in my head for a second before he hangs up. I press my back against the fall and cover my mouth with my hands, sobbing as I slide down and sit on the floor. Tears trickle down from finger to finger and into my lap.
"Y/n?" I hear Nick say after a sob escapes the encasement I've created. He steps around to the other end of the hallway and I see him, worry painted across his face. Cautiously, he walks over to me and sits beside me, pulling me into a side hug, comforting me. "Okay stays going on?" Sounding quite concerned, he grabs my upper arms to spin me to face him. I quickly push his hands off, due to covered bruises. "What did I do? Did that hurt you?" He questions.
"N-No!" I try to cover but he's too smart for my lies. He lifts my hoodie, discovering bruises painted across my body. Nick's face changes to a look of disgust, and also sympathy.
"Can I see without the hoodie?" His asks, swallowing the lump in the back of his throat. I shake my head and hold my body close to me. "What happened? Who was that on the phone just now?" I refuse to answer. "Is someone hurting you?" I pull myself closer and refuse to reply to any of his questions. We sit there in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until we hear a knock at the front door. Nick gets up and answers it.
"Hey I'm looking for Y/n? I'm her boyfriend." My heart beats out of my chest. How did he find me? What's Nick going to do?
"Sorry man I don't know a Y/n. Might have the wrong address." Nick replies. I get up and fix my makeup, coming out and seeing Jay's figure at the door. Nick turns to see me and smiles. "Oh you mean N/n? (Nickname)" he chuckles nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Sorry I was in the bathroom. Your girlfriend passed out in the spare room so I was just putting her stuff away!" I smile.
"I don't have a- Ohh Stacy? Yea she passes out early after her showers." My eyes widen with surprise as I realise he must have heard me earlier. I laugh and walk over to Jay.
"Jay this is uh... Nathan... he just moved over here and is dating my work friend Stacy..." I smile, looking back and Nick and noticing his hands, balled into fists. "Tell her I said thanks!" I smile. "I'll pick up my car tomorrow."
"Okay. Have a good night. Call us if you ever need us." He smiles back.
"Thanks man!" Jay says. "I was worried about her!" He chuckles dryly, gripping my wrist. "Have a good night!" He spins me around and when he hears the front door close, mumbles something which makes me want to vomit. Roughly, he forces me in the car and before I can get my foot in, slams my ankle in the door. I wince in pain and he pushes my legs in the car and slams the door again.

The car ride home is the worst I've ever experienced... he grabs my thigh and I pry his hand off.
"Don't touch me!" I scream.
"Wait till we get home sweetheart..." he grins, mischievously.

We make it home and he tells me to wait where I am which usually means he's put the kids lock on. The back door opens and he holds a cloth to my nose and mouth. I struggle for a bit and everything goes black...

I wake up in a chair in our house. I look at one of the clocks and realise it's been two days since I lost consciousness.
"Jay??" I shout, standing up and looking around our house for him. I realise he isn't home so I search for my phone, unsuccessfully. I head for the front door but it's locked from the outside. The back door is my last hope... limping slightly, I make my way over to it slowly. And when I finally  make it, it's unlocked. I open it and stand outside thinking of my next move when strong hands pull me in and drag me away from freedom.
"Shh..." he says as I flail around and I'm pulled in deeper to the house.
I wake up in cold sweats in a hospital bed, Nick by my side, calming me down by holding me close and combing his fingers through my hair. I look up at him and he smiles at me. "I'm glad you're safe..." I say as I place a hand on his cheek but it's cold... in fact, he's completely cold.
I wake up again in my own bed, Jay beside me asleep. I go to sit up but my wrists are chained to the bed... same with my ankles. I yank at them but to no avail. I'm trapped... by my psycho... stupid... boyfriend...

Nicks POV:

It's been a week since Y/n came back to work after skipping 4 days... She has a bandage around her ankle and for some reason, she's ignoring me. The only reason why she'll speak to me is if it's something work related. I need to find a way to speak to her... I need to ask her what happened.