Chapter 2

"So, you come here often?"
————

I wake up to the sound of my door slamming shut and someone yanking me out of bed.

"I'm getting up! Chill out Jay!" I yell at him.
"I've messaged you three times and you didn't answer."

I see his hand ball into a fist as he swings at me. It hits my cheek and I hold it in pain.

"I'm sorry I had a long late shift last night... What time is it?" I spot his arm raised again and I brace for impact.
"I bet you were out cheating on me. Don't lie. I know that's all you do!" He slaps me instead this time.
"No! I was at work I can show you my roster as proof!"

I pick my phone up from my bedside table and tap around. I make it to my roster and show him the screen.

"Oh... I'm sorry baby.. I didn't know." He lifts me up by my arms and hugs me. I flinch instinctively but then relax in his arms.
"I-It's okay..." I mumble. "I actually have another shift today. Is it okay if I sleep a little longer?"
"Of course. You never spend time with me. You're always working and sleeping." He scoffs and shoves me back to the floor before kicking me this time and leaving the room.

I sit there for a moment and sigh. After staying on the ground for half an hour, I get up to get ice for my face, as well as painkillers. I hold it on for a while before I slowly start drifting back off to sleep.

My alarm blares at me, signalling it's time to wake up to begin my next shift. This time, it's only 3 hours so I'm actually kind of excited. My legs were still killing me from my long shift but I should be able to make it through if i keep my head down and work to pass off the time.

i change into my work clothes and grab my bag, heading to the nearby bus stop and waiting, listening to music. it doesn't take long for the bus to arrive and i get on and swipe my card, finding a seat at the back. it's a 20 minute ride to my store so i work on some of my poems i enjoy writing. someone sits beside me and i look up to see the same guy from the store.

"Hey you helped me earlier yesterday!" he smiles
"Yea haha i did! I'm Y/n."
"My names Nick but people call me Sapnap." he smiles awkwardly. I chuckle hesitantly.
"Pleasure to meet you Sapnap." i hold my hand out and he shakes it.
"So, you come here often?" he laughs.
"Yeaaa almost everyday." I look up and notice it's my stop. i reach up to press the button indicating my ride is done and as i do, he does also. our hands touch and my face turns hot with blush. his does too and he presses the button. "where are you going?" i ask, curiously.
"Well the mcdonald's we met at, i applied for a job and was there for an interview when we met yesterday. they already called asking me to come in so, it's my first day..." my eyes light up.
"i work there too! i'll try be the one to train you but i just got out of being a trainee sooo... i don't think i'll have much luck..."
"Aw that sucks." he sighs and we both get off chatting and waking to the store. i head behind the counter and let the store manager know he's here. i head to the girls locker room and finish getting my stuff ready and clocking on. i see sapnap again and i smile and head to my station at the fry again.

i check the overhead freezer and realise it's low on nuggets and bites so i head to the industrial freezer to grab them... only thing is... i'm short and the bites are too high up for me to reach. i jump to try reach it but to no avail. as i'm looking around considering climbing the shelves, sapnap walks in.
"need some help?" he asks, looking at me concerningly.
"maybe just a little..." i chuckle embarrassed.
"which ones?" he asks and i tell him bites. he grabs them and hands them to me, looking into my eyes and smiling. i blush and take them, thanking him.
"no problem." he smiles, rubbing the back of his neck and i throw them onto a box of frozen nuggets. i look back at him and he looks confused.
"what are you looking for?" i ask.
"the fries... i thought i knew but i don't..."
"right here" i point and he grabs a box.
"thank you so much." he smiles and i push the door open with my foot.
"it's no problem" i smile at him and leave, getting ready to clock off for my shift.