Chapter Four: "Ban."

(TW!!!Trigger Warning, talk of suicide...TW!!!)

"So? What's your type? You like the strong type? Nerds? Guys like King and Escanor? What do you like?" Ban's throaty voice starts to get me thinking, what do I like? Well, I like King and Escanor and Ban, I don't have any other friends so how do I know what I like? "Well, I like guys like you, Ban." I shrug, I can feel Ban's eyes on me as I look straight up to the sky. I finally look at him, he seems a bit shocked? Curious? Questioning? I'm not good at reading his expressions, I raise an eyebrow, did I say something wrong? 

"What? Did I say something wrong?" I ask. He shakes his head and looks out to the mountains. I got the grand idea of a better way to feel relaxed, I stand up on the railing of the tavern and hold my arms out. "Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing up there. You could fall, you could die!" Ban shouts at me as if we're not two feet apart. Ignoring his warning, I fell myself starting to fall, the wind rippling through my shirt and pants. The wind blowing my hair along with it, my eyes closed as I become one with the earth until I feel someone's large hands wrap around my waist. It's Ban, he had jumped down and flew behind me and grabbed my waist, I flinch at his touch as he tightly holds me close to him before we hit the ground. He broke my fall, I wiggle out of his grip and see he's dead. 

I smile at myself, looking at his dead body on the ground that I had just fallen on, internally, I was laughing hysterically. "Get up Ban, it's not working." I offer him a hand. He grabs it and stands up, putting his hands in his pockets. "You didn't feel the littlest bit of guilty that I'm dead?" he bent down to come face to face with me. "No, in fact, I smiled and you missed it. Honestly, if you're gone, I'd take you room." I whisper in his ear before walking away. He stood stunned, was that seductive? I saw lovers do that all the time, they whisper in the other's ear and they'd have the same reaction that Ban is having right now. Ban follows me back into the tavern.

"You could have died out there, you know." I sat on a bar stool. "So could you, but you chose to save me anyways when I didn't need it. Say I wasn't a demon and the most wanted and powerful sin, you would have died an idiot. While I lived to tell the tale of the idiot who risked his life for mine that's just as worthless as dirt." I snarl, I didn't even look at him, he stood in the doorway of the small hut while I grab some ale from behind the bar to pour myself a cup.

He eventually closes the door and stands in front of me behind the bar so I'm forced to look at him. "I'm an idiot for saving you? How does that make sense?!" he raises his voice, I can tell my expressionless face is pissing him off. 

"That'd make you an idiot because I do everything for a reason, nothing is a coincidence or random or spontaneous. I always have a plan, so if I had really jumped like that without my demons powers, I would have done it for a reason." I justify. Ban's eyes widen at my seriousness. I had just admitted I would commit suicide, without any hint of what I said was a joke. 

Ban got angrier, I can tell because of his body language, the angrier he gets the calmer I am. I relax all my muscles and sigh with half light eyes, a sign of my exhaustion. "Y/n! You have a family! And the princess! You think they'd let you kill yourself? The Captain would be devastated that his younger sister killed herself! And the princess would go mad! And you don't care?" Ban shouts, if he keeps this up he'll wake everyone up. I chug the last of ale and grab his collar, pulling him closer to my face with a dead expression. "Look, you can hate my decisions all you want, there's nothing I can do to change that but don't try to make me change mind about them either. That's like trying to take Elizabeth from big brother, both will lead to the end of something. Humanity, society, the world, your life, maybe even all of the above. Just don't mess with me Ban, because I will permanently kill you. I have the power to, so don't underestimate my ability to do anything." I let go of his collar and hop down from the stool I had sat on, going upstairs to my room.