Chapter Seven: "Gowther."

I sat by the river, trying to relax after the morning I had. It was full of training, shouting, anger, and annoyance. I just want to sit and relax in silence but my plans change when Gowther sits next to me. I greet him properly, he greets me as well and we sit in silence. "What can I do for you Gowther?" I ask. He just looks at me with curiosity roaming his features, I can clearly tell he wants to ask me something but is trying his hardest to hold back. "What is it Gowther?" I look away from him and back towards the mountains. He doesn't speak for a moment, perhaps trying to find the right words and if so this means it's serious. "I can help you. I can help you forget your curse so you can live a normal life without having to find love to be happy again." he reminds me. 

"My curse forbids magic to be used on me that will effect the effects of my curse. Trust me, Merlin has tried and unfortunately it doesn't work. Her potion only works temporarily just like Elizabeth's that keeping her alive." I remind Gowther, I know he already knows that but he said it for a reason. I see Gowther out of the corner of my eye open and close his mouth to try and speak but chooses against it. 

He finally speaks again, "I can make you love someone. Anyone of your choosing so you don't have to actually fall in love and this way it wouldn't mess with the original effects of your curse and you wouldn't actually have to do the work of love." I think of his words and consider them, I wouldn't have to actually be in love but I would think that I am and the curse would be broken but something tells me this isn't a good idea. "I don't know Gowther, I don't just want to fall in love with someone who doesn't love me back. I just don't want to feel that again."

"What happened? You briefly told us of you misfortune in love before but what actually happened?" His question gets my gears turning, I don't really remember myself since it was years ago. I just remember being really sad. "And how did you actually get cursed?" my eyes widen. Did Meliodas talk to him? How does he know I'm not telling the whole story?

I swallow the lump in my throat before speaking confidently. "It was after the Holy War, I got separated from Elizabeth, Meliodas, Gloxinia and Drole while fighting and a kind man helped me with my wounds. A knight, a very handsome and charming knight." I trail off. Gowther asks me to speak in full detail so he can understand feelings, I guess we're both learning them together. 

I try to remember as best as I can without trying to fill in the blanks with things I hoped or wanted to happen. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing mind of the painful past. "He fixed up my wounds, I instantly fell in love with the way he treated me. His touch was so gentle and so were his words, I loved the way he looked at me like I was the most important and beautiful thing in the world. It made me so happy to be with him, and we soon became lovers. Spending all of our time together, I stayed in his house while he was away and cleaned. I didn't remember anything about myself so he gave me a name, Diamond since I was his diamond." I explain. Taking a moment to breath, I can feel Gowther's eyes on me practically telling me to continue the story that no one knew, not even Ban. 

The feels I felt come rushing back, although I don't feel them but I remember how I reacted to them and how much pain I was in. That's the good thing about this curse that I will miss when it's gone, I can't feel emotional pain even when thinking about it. I think more about how I felt, the days after finding out the information that I had obtained. I look towards Gowther's direction where he's looking down at the river that's flowing right under our feet. He enjoys nature as much as I do, the peaceful and sincerity of nature can cancel any strong emotion feelings and can calm the mind within seconds but he won't be peaceful after I finish my story. 

"Everyone in that village called me Diamond since I knew nothing and had to relearn almost everything. They were all so kind to me, until I started to remember everything. I only knew fragments of the Holy War but could full remember everyone in my life at the time. I knew I had to get back to Liones, back to Elizabeth and Meliodas, back to Gloxinia and Drole in the Fairy King's Forest, I had to get my real life back. I wasn't made to do the dishes, and do laundry in a house all day I was made to fight. When I remember my demon powers, I told him everything about myself. My real self. He claimed to still love me, he claimed nothing had changed but things did more than change. I wanted to go out and fight with him, in that village women soldiers didn't exist so the men laughed when they heard I wanted to join them in battle. I showed them my demon powers, that was my second mistake." I feel so ashamed, I haven't thought about this since I first explained it to Elizabeth two years ago.