Chapter 17: Yellow

"I heard it all Dream."

"Hey S- Sap I'm gonna have to hang up. I'll c-call you later."

Dream just sat in shock, staring into George's beautiful eyes, knowing they would soon crush him. The thought of George leaving again made him sink into the couch. He had fucked up again. It was all happening again.

George sat next to Dream. "I heard you crying and I wanted to make sure you were alright." Dream looked away from George's gaze, embarrassment flooding over him. "I guess once I heard you talking, I couldn't stop listening."

I knew I should have been quieter

"I'm so sorry George. I shouldn't ha-" Dream was cut off by a hug from George.

"Shut up Clay. Just...hold me."

Dream didn't refuse, melting in George's arms. He was so tired. So tired of everything. Life, love, relationships, friends, family, minecraft, youtube. He was so close to giving up.

They sat there for a while. Time wasn't important to them. They sat in each other's lap comfortably with butterflies fluttering around their stomachs. Every now and then, George would hear a sniffle from Dream. That just made George pull Dream closer and closer.

"C-can we put some music on?" Dream whispered.

Without hesitation, George reached over and got the remote for the TV without letting go of Dream. "Of course Clay."

I hope the song comes on

The two cuddled silently, listening to the music. Song after song, they sat and engulfed each other. They were in a peaceful silence. A comfortable silence. A loving silence.

Come on come on. Please may the song be next

George could tell Dream was getting tired, so he got up to get a blanket from another room. Dream's arms felt cold and lonely without George in them. He didn't want to ever let go again. Tears formed in his eyes.

George came back seconds later and noticed the tears running down Dream's face. Trying to hide them, Dream looked away. When he looked back, George was already cuddling back up into Dream's arms. He chuckled.

"I'm so lucky."

George only grabbed Dream's hand and snuggled deeper at Dream's words.

——————————————————————

Dream looked at the clock. It was already 12pm.

Wow. We've been here for a while.

George turned his head to Dream's. "Maybe we should get to bed. It's been a long night."

But we haven't heard the song

Dream hugged George more compassionately than he ever had. "On more song?" He said as he looked to George.

"But-"

"Please."

"Fine. Only one more though. You look tired."

Dream silently celebrated. He had hope, but his stomach sunk as the song that was playing softly ended, the last song preparing to be played.

Please. Please be the song.

A familiar beat filled the room. Dream's heart skipped a beat. This was perfect. It was all perfect.

*PLAY YELLOW BY COLDPLAY HERE ;) if you don't then i'm gonna be sad :(

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

George shifted in Dream's arms, making his face visible to Dream. A smile slowly crept onto George's face, causing fluttering in Dream's stomach.

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called "Yellow"

It was perfect. What else could make this better. Memories rushed through Dream's mind of the car ride George and Dream had shared, just a couple months ago.

So, then, I took my turn
Oh what a thing to've done
And it was all Yellow

George's lips looked so kissable. All Dream wanted to do was kiss him. George licked his lip and it sent Dream in a spiral.

You're skin
Oh, yeah, you're skin and bones
Turn in to something beautiful
And you know
You know I love you so

George looked up to Dream, not failing to maintain eye contact as he smiled, truly a genuine smile. He felt safe, finally.

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh, what a thing to do
'Cause you were all yellow

George bit his lip as he looked Dream's face up and down. This sparked something inside of Dream. Dream leaned down, continuing to stare into George's deep eyes.

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh, what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

George grabbed Dream's face and pulled him closer, the gap between the two fading quickly. George continued pulling him until their lips met.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit

And you're skin
Oh, yeah, you're skin and bones

Everything was magical, a dream come true.

Turn in to something beautiful
And you know
For you, I'd bleed myself dry

The kiss was passionate and awaited for so long. Neither of them dared pull away, wanting this moment to last forever. Dream suddenly felt sick, his stomach doing backflips. They slowly melted into each other, forgetting about everything around them.

It's true
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine

Neither of them wanted to pull away, only doing so to catch a breath and instantly going back in. Dream had finally completed his mission. He finally got George. His George.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do

As the song ended, Dream finally pulled away, cuddling deeply back into George. George played with his hair, giggling every now and then from the encounter they just had. Dream chuckled along with him.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Word count: ~952

a/n: FINALLY :)

Ok so first off, If you haven't been able to tell yet, I changed the name and cover of the book lol. I just thought it would fit the story more :)

Sorry this is a shorter one, but I just wanted to focus on this scene and this scene only. I thought it was pretty important.

Also, truly thank you for 994 reads and #1 in iminlove I truly cannot believe it. Thank you.

-tally <3