The First Mistake

You might be wondering what I mean by 'The First Mistake'

Ok so we had lunged Sam for a couple of weeks and we were lunging him over jumps and he loved it. We started off with cross poles and he liked it at first but then he started to get bored because it was to easy. So then I set up a vertical jump but it was only small and then he loved jumping over them as well. He was jumping over them for about 10 minutes and then they started getting to easy for him sober set up a double vertical jump! Sam had never jumped something like this so we were a little bit scared at first but then.......

The first time he was cantering to the jump he didn't notice it was a double jump until he got there, as he seen the jump he stopped and almost skid into the jump but he didn't. Then we tried it again and he jumped it but not that good at first so then we kept doing it and then he started to live it!

A few weeks later I set up a cross pole for my sister, but this was the first time he had jumped with somebody riding him and he was jumping it fine....... At first. Then he started to get exited and he jumped over the cross pole and then went really unbalanced and my sister lost her stirrup and then she fell of, but she didn't just fall off she fell off right into a fence and broke 2 of the panels in it. She was nocked out for a couple of seconds and I run over to her and she was just flat on the floor. I was terrified! She was really brave and got back up as soon as she could. I ran over to Sam and walked him over to Alex. Then we went straight back to the main part of the yard. Alex was walking with a limp and she had really hurt her neck. She walked down the isle of the stables and pretended she was fine and then we got into sam stable and she told me to go and get one of the girls on the yard, her name is Michaela and she took her into the office and shut the door with the manager and her daughter there. I was untacking Sam and I couldn't even see what I was doing because I was crying because u was really shocked and worried. One of the girls at the yard untracked Sam for me and the. I was walking around the yard for Alex and Michaela shouted me from the office I seen her leg and it had a big cut on it and was really swollen. Then I started crying again and gave her a big hug.