Chapter Two

The very loud wails of his son awoke the Alpha of the Silvercrown Howlers, making him open his eyes and rub the sleep out of them, turning to look at the clock. 2: 04 AM, and he's awake, wailing. He knew 6 month old babies were supposed to get around 11 hours of sleep, but good lord, his son was not the one to be sleeping for 11 hours. "Aslan," Lincoln Sawyer muttered, groaning as he got out of bed and padded to his son's room, where his cries were loud and almost ear-shattering, jolting him awake.

"Hey, buddy," he said, reeling back at the smell of a dirty diaper filled the air. "Not again, Aslan..." he groaned again, going over the crib and picking his wiggling son up and going over to the changing table, reaching to flick the switch to turn on the light, and winced at the stream of light nearly blinding him.

The wailing, at least, had stopped as Lincoln changed him, wiping up the poop and sliding the diaper under him, then gently putting the diaper rash cream on him before closing the diaper and throwing the dirty one in the trash next to him. But once he washed both their hands, that's when Aslan's crying had started again, so ear-shattering that it made Link wince. Picking him up, he went to the small little kitchen in the two bedroom house, and pulled out the bottle of formula, tapping it to get the extra formula off before giving it to him.

Aslan calmed down as Lincoln gently guided the bottle to his lips, and he tried to grab the bottle with his now tiny claws, to try and take it from him once it was in his mouth. "There you go, buddy," he said softly, gently bouncing him as he went to the recliner chair in the living room, sitting down while feeding him. He knew why Aslan was waking up in the middle of the night, and he had to admit, though it's been going on for a year now, he knew the routine his wife did to calm him down in the middle of the night-change his diaper, sing a little lullaby, and Aslan would be back to sleepy town, or she'll feed him before she sang his lullaby. Now Lincoln was doing it, though one time he tried to sing a Garth Brooks song-was not a pretty sight.

"I know you miss mommy," Lincoln said after the moment of silence and rocking, his mind conjuring up a image of his wife. "I miss her too. But she'll be back in a couple of days Maybe we can throw her a party?" he asked, watching the baby's lips turn up into a smile. "A big one, just you and me. We can try and sing her that song we've been working on." He chuckled as Aslan blinked, agreeing with him. "Then we can shoot off some fireworks once the song's over. I think mommy would like that, wouldn't you?" he said with a grin.

The more he thought about the party he would throw in a couple of days, the more he missed his wife. Persephone St. Clair was one hell of a woman-curvy, beautiful, strong, sexy as hell. Can make a grown wolf crawl on his hands and knees and promise to do anything for her. The more he thought about his wife, the more he wanted to go out and find her, drag her home and make love to her all night. But she can't even leave-

The phone started to ring as Lincoln kept rocking his son and feeding him, glad that he didn't get started crying again. The alpha sighed as he picked up the phone and pressed the green button, and placed the phone on the crook of his shoulder. "Hello?"

"I need you to hunt down Morrighan Nikolayevich and kill her." Crown Prince Valentin demanded, not even saying a simple hello back.

"Hey Link, how are you, why are you awake at night? How's the family? Doing great?"

"Are you done?"

"Why no, Your Majesty, I'm not done. See, my son, Aslan, your nephew, has woken up again-"

"Lincoln Sawyer, are you seriously doing this now? Like seriously doing this?" Val asked, with made Lincoln grin a bit. He loved teasing his friend each time he doesn't call with a greeting, which bugged the fae prince so, so much.