Chapter Twelve

Persephone sat down on the porch swing, her mind on both Lincoln and Nikolai.

She found it odd that she was thinking of the two-two totally different men in her life that has brought her so much joy and so much pain-the pain part belonging to Nikolai. Lincoln has done nothing but be as patient with her as she healed from everything Nikolai has done to her, while at the same time, Nikolai's obsession with her had nearly drove him to tear up the town, swearing up and down that she'll crawl back to him. Now that he wants to kill the Queen of Air of Darkness herself, along with killing her husband and her son...

She couldn't imagine her life without her son or husband. It would devastate her to the point that she'd probably go along with whatever Nikolai wanted, though sleeping with him again would make her skin crawl. Posey thought that she'll make a couple fake orgasms and leave it at that. But then, she'd been married to Nikolai for years, and he knew every single thing that will make her scream, moan, even call out his name to know that she was faking.

Shit.

But with Lincoln, life was much easier since the affair. Once they got married and had Aslan, she had everything she could ever want. They were fighting monsters whenever they appear, but other than that, everything was just...perfect. Even the sex was amazing-and that brought a smile on her face as she thought about the multiple times they had sex all over the house. But the one thing Lincoln doesn't do is push her into doing something she doesn't want to do, when Nikolai downright forces her to do it, threatening her family or threatening to break some part of her body before she did it.

And the other difference is that Lincoln was the leader and Alpha of the Slivercrown Howlers and almost basically the protector of White Hollow, while Nikolai was the Crown Prince of the Demon World.

"You keep thinking like that, you're gonna burst a vein, and I'd hate to see that on a pretty face." A voice said, breaking her reverie.

Furrowing her brows, confused, Posey looked up and blinked when she saw a brunette haired man, with blue eyes and leaning against a motorcycle. His arms were crossed over his chest, and a little smile tugged his lips. "L...Levi?" she asked, blinking to make sure it was true, that she wasn't staring at him wrong.

Levi Sawyer got off his motorcycle and walked up the small steps to the porch. "The one and only." he grinned. Levi was also a werewolf and Lincoln's cousin, though how both of them were cousins sometimes confused the hell out of Posey. Levi owned a shop in town to hunt down demons, but seeing him here at her house means that...

"It's nice to see you Levi, but...what are you doing here? Hungry?" Persephone asked. "I'm kinda not in the mood for cooking anything, and I'm waiting on Link to come back from Nikolai's place."

Levi rolled his eyes at the mention of Nikolai as he sat down beside her. "I'm not hungry, actually." He answered smoothly. "I'm here because of this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a white envelope. Posey took it from him and opened it. Inside was an invitation to a ball that was happening next week, and it was being hosted by the Remington family. And it looked like it had both Lincoln and Posey's names on it, along with Levi's.

"They're hosting...a ball..." she repeated, running her hand through the letters. As soon as she got at the end, she gasped when her head started to hurt and-

Screams started to go around everyone as Mikhalia's beast appeared in the middle of the room, growling and snarling, its crimson eyes on Morrighan, who had her knifes out, her teeth bared. The Beast crouched down for just a bit before it charged after her, jumping in the air, mouth opened in a roar-

Posey jerked back from the invitation, gasping and letting go of of the invitation. She blinked and looked up to see Levi and Lincoln there, along with Aslan, who babbled and tried to reach for her, a worried look on his face. An easy, tried smile appeared on her face as she reached for the baby and took him from her husband's arms, cooing at him. "Hey, angel," she cooed with a smile, slowly getting up and stumbling a bit.