ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ - ᴀᴋᴜᴀᴛꜱᴜ

Atsushi stared at the ravenette in front of him.

He's never seen him so vulnerable.

It was after an attack with Fitzgerald. He made a comeback after he suddenly disappeared to the slums.

He attacked not only the ADA, but the Port Mafia. He was independent, surviving solely off of his money and ability.

Atsushi and Akutagawa had to work together in order to take him down, but

not only did they fail, Fitzgerald got a couple hits in. But verbal hits instead.

He faded into thin air, leaving the two exhausted and emotionally hurt.

Atsushi stared at the other, the other who was staring into space, trembling.

"..Akutagawa?" Atsushi mumbled.

No response.

"Akutagawa!" he shouted, causing Akutagawa to flinch.

"What, weretiger?!" the ravenette snapped, glaring cold daggers at Atsushi.

"Are you.. okay?" he was cautious with his words, not wanting to set the other off.

"Of course I'm fucking okay, and why would you care? We're rivals. We don't care about eachother." Akutagawa spoke a little quieter, still with an aggressive tone.

Atsushi stared into his dull eyes, feeling worry for him. He did care about him. Even if they were rivals.

Without thinking, Atsushi rose a hand to cup Akutagawas cheek. The ravenette flinched, and caught Atsushi's wrist as a reflex.

"I don't like to be touched."

Atsushi felt like a rock was in his throat, and felt guilty.

"I understand, you've been through a lot. I'm sorry." Atsushi said then nodded, trying to pull his hand away.

But he couldn't. He couldn't get it free from Akutagawas grasp.

"Akutaga-?" he glanced up at Akutagawa, who was holding tightly onto his hand, trembling, his eyes welling up with tears.

"Are you crying?" Atsushi said softly, Akutagawa digging his nails into his own palm, and letting go of Atsushi's hand.

"No. I don't cry. Only weak people cry. I'm not weak." he stumbled, voice cracking.

Atsushi then tried again, using his hand to guide Akutagawas face up so they could make eye contact. Akutagawa jumped, but did not pull away. He couldn't.

Atsushi cupped his face with both of his hands, and looked into his dull, dark, cold eyes.

He was so pale, so cold, so empty.

It made Atsushi's heart shatter.

"You may not believe me, but it's okay to cry. Crying is normal. It wont make you weak. Crying will not make you weak, Ryunosuke." the ravenette was taken by shock when he heard his first name, his heart jumping.

"There is nothing that can make you weak. You are the strongest person I've ever met. No matter what Dazai-san says. Your ability doesn't make you strong. You do. Having emotions will not ruin that. I promise."

Atsushi brushed his thumb over the pale cheek, which soon had a stream of tears flowing down.

He heard Akutagawa's shaky breaths, the slight whimpers he let out. It broke his heart, but it made him glad that he could be trusted.

He pulled him into his chest, not caring about the 'rivalry' they shared.

Akutagawa immediately melted into the touch. He never trusted someone enough to let them hug him, let alone touch him. Not even Gin. Atsushi felt so warm, so safe. He didn't want to let go.

"I just want to be enough. I will never be enough. It's not fair. Why did Dazai-san pick you? It's not fair." Akutagawa whispered into Atsushi's chest.

Atsushi felt his heart ache. He began to comb through Aku's hair.

"You are enough. You are more than enough. I know that Dazai accepted you. You have so much potential. Dazai didn't pick me, he picked the other side. The side that he felt was good." Atsushi pulled him even closer.

"You are enough. You are doing so good. I'm so proud of you."

Akutagawas heart almost stopped at those words.

"I'm proud of you."

Someone was proud of him. It doesn't matter that it wasn't Dazai-san. It doesn't matter that it was his rival. Why did Atsushi care about him so much.

"Why.. why do you care about me so much? I've caused you so much pain. I'm so selfish, I'm disgusting. I don't deserve to be cared about." Akutagawa held on to Atsushi.

"Because you've done bad things doesn't mean you don't deserve to be cared about." Atsushi lifted Akutagawas tear stained face up so they could meet each others eyes.

"You've made me a better person. You've made me realize who I am, Ryunosuke."

His heart jumped again. His first name.

Why was his heart beating for his 'enemy'?

"You've been through so much. Too much. We both have, let's be honest." he chuckled, Akutagawas heart warming as the vibration rang through him.

"We can't change our shitty pasts." Akutagawa smiled. He smiled. SMILED.

Atsushi gaped at him in awe.

"What?" Akutagawa glared.

"You smiled!"

"Uh, no."

"I saw you smile. I'm honored."

Akutagawa sighed, and slumped into Atsushis chest. He was leaning on a wall now, Akutagawa between his legs, curled up in, with Atsushis arms wrapped around him.

"I'm honored to be able to hold you." Atsushi combed through Akutagawas hair as he whispered, the next moment passing out from exhaustion. Akutagawa was too tired to move, so he too fell asleep. But in the were tigers arms.

~

"Maybe they killed eachot- Kunikida! I found them!"

"Are they inj- What. The. Hell."

"Haha! Enemies to lovers!"

"Shut up, Dazai! Grab them and get them in the van. They need medical attention, most likely. I guess bring them together, although the port mafia won't be happy. Neither will the agency."

_______________________________

Hi!! I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time :( I've been in a really bad place, and had no motivation to do anything.

But anyways, keep in mind they won't always act completely canon!

Thank u guys for reading, it makes me happy :,)