ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟɪɢʜᴛᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ - ꜱᴏᴜᴋᴏᴋᴜ

"Aren't you drinking an awful lot tonight, Chuuya?" the bartender asked, as the redhead snatched the shot glass out of his hand.

"Rough week. Not like I'm a lightweight." he simply snapped back before downing the drink, not reacting at the burning sensation it threw at the walls of his throat.

"I'm aware, trust me." the bartender chuckled. "But even I know your limit, and your far past it. Should I keep an eye on you?" he said jokingly.

"Shut it, old man. I don't need a fucking chaperone." he slammed the glass down, and buried his face into the crevice of his arm. His face was already slightly crimson from the strong drink.

The bartender just shrugged and walked away.

1 hour later

"Alright, I'm closing. You can stay here and sober up, lock the back when you leave." the bartender shouted, and closed the front door. Chuuya heard keys jingle, until it stopped with a click!

Chuuya sighed. His mind was so full, he didn't know what to think. As much as he hated to admit, he missed that stupid wasting bandage device. He looked at his phone next to him, and impulsively reached out and dialed his numbers.

What was he doing? Why couldn't he stop himself?

He pressed the phone to his ear, listening to the constant ringing on loop. Even though he knew Dazai wouldn't answer.

Whatever. As he was about to hang up, he heard the ringing stop.

Silence.

"Chuuya?" said the other line.

The ginger gasped.

"D-Dazai?! Is that you?" he couldn't help but show a reaction.

"Chuuya? Why.. are you calling?"

His heart sank. Dazai hated him, didn't he?

His eyes began to fill with tears, glossing over.

"So I ca-Nt call my.. my partner?" his voice cracked, holding back tears.

"Oh wait. You left. Bastard." he scoffed, trying his best to laugh.

Little did he know, Dazai was on the other line holding back tears.

"Chuuya.. are you drunk?"

"So I cant call without being drunk?! You shitty bastard. God I fucking ha-." he stopped mid sentence.

He couldn't bring himself to say he hated him, because he knew it wasn't true. He loved him, but he hated loving him.

"Yes. I'm drunk. Way too drunk." he laughed, with a sigh afterwards.

"..."

Silence. He hated silence.

"I'm on my way." were the only words he said, but before Chuuya could protest, he heard the dial tone.

He tried to get up so he could leave, but he nearly collapsed when he put weight into his feet, the room spinning. This wasn't good.

So he simply waited. It felt like he was waiting for death. Why was he scared?

13 minutes later