five | ❝the rising threat❞

chapter five : the rising threat !

"I AM HURT! I AM VERY
MUCH HURT!"

if venturing into the new dimension felt like a small trip then returning to their own felt like descending into a rabbit hole; 10 seconds of unpleasant falling followed by collapsing onto the cold dark wooden floor of the sanctum.

y/n and peter hit the ground unprepared and discombobulated, the spider-hero landing on top of his teammate barely able to keep his weight from crushing her.

"i'm in painnnnn," she groaned, her head spinning as she tried to regain her focus. peter groaned in pain also but instead of checking on his own well-being he placed a worried gentle hand on y/n's temple.

"y/n, are you okay? i should probably move, right? sorry, i'll move," parker panicked, the teen shifting to the side to see strange pick up the all important folder.

stephen didn't apologise for the portal, he didn't greet the two heroes. instead, he materialised a piece of paper and the wizard frantically scribbled something down; it was a message full of words they could not understand.

"you need to give that to william and thomas kaplan."

y/n stood up and the folder was pushed into her hands, peter stabilising her as she stumbled back slightly.

"what language is this?" she asked reading the note, "it looks like... wait, is this sokovian?"

a curt nod and a push towards the door was their response. stephen kicked the two teens out onto the dark street outside the sanctuary.

"y/n and peter. wanda is..." he paused looking for a right he way to continue. the wizard rubbed his face tired and frustrated.

"look, wanda needs you to give them that message. i don't know who they are or why but she said you need to do it and you need to do it quickly."

"the kaplan twins? they're part of the young avengers!" y/n explained, "and wiccan is an assh-"

"what are our chances of succeeding, strange? our chances of defeating the elementals without... you know?"

peter interrupted y/n's insult, his arms crossing not to intimidate stephen but to almost hold himself back.

the news of y/n's 616 demise still echoed in the back of his mind and he wanted to know if she wasn't going to face the same fate. he needed to know.

the greying man exhaled exhausted, his head falling against the tall doorframe. he didn't answer.

peter eyed y/n knowing the cost of their last battle with thanos. he asked again with force.

"what are the chances this time?" parker again questioned. "better than one right? it has to be..."

stephen's eyes drifted to y/n without a word. she scoffed. 'so he knows? how wonderful!' she thought.

peter shook his head. "wellll, fuck that. we're not loosing anyone... not this time."

and with that parker grabbed y/n's hand and the two ran back to the avengers compound!

...well, they ran for a few minutes and then gave up and chose to take the bus.

"eve, can you translate this stuff please?"

it was almost 1 am now, the dark sky seeping into the bus as the dim lights inside did nothing to keep out the night.

and as they were driven through the dark forest, peter sat beside y/n with his tired head resting on her shoulder, his half opened eyes focused on her metal wrist band.

a few seconds passed and it flashed blue.

'tie mi t͡ʃaˈjaɫəm

ˈʃiɪdeŋ ˈti e ˈʃte

ˈdrage wo sto ˈmisliɫəm

ˈdom naʃ ˈʃiɪdeŋ ˈgnieʒdo

bez veˈdeɪ̆ doˈkude ˈjit͡ʃiʃ

ˈʃiʒa ˈsunso nad tiˈe

we've been waiting for you

now you are here more
perfect than i imagined

our house is now a home
(our house is now a nest)

no matter where you go

sunlight shines on you

"it's a song? maybe it's a lullaby," peter suggested quietly. "but i'm so confused. has our wanda had kids this whole time?"

y/n shrugged her other shoulder. "probably? i'm just amazed strange was able to give us this," she admitted. "i mean no one has been able to contact wanda for a while and... holy shit, pete! look outside the window right now!"

the growing fatigue made it hard to focus but when the cause of concern came into view the spider-teen shot up into action.

"that fire is real right?" he asked nervous, his face softly illuminated by the violent orange glow in the distance.

y/n nodded and tapped her metal band twice, red and silver nano-bots quickly enveloping her form.

"you brought your suit right?" she questioned through her metal helmet. "looks like someone is controlling this bullshit but i don't think this is an illusion pete- peter, what the fuck?"

her team mate was already suited up and out the window and she could hear his determined cry as he swung towards the threat.

"arson isn't family friendlyyyyyyyy!"