one | ❝young avengers❞

chapter one : young avengers !

"MY DAD DIDN'T DIE FOR
THIS BULLSHIT!"

"y/n, i know but please don't rant with pizza in your mouth because you'll probably choke or something."

the two heroes were out of the gym now sat on the grey couches in common room, their faces  illuminated by a blue hologram screen y/n had set up to call nick fury. she quickly swallowed the food before continuing.

"peter, i just don't get it? even if quentin isn't a 'threat' anymore, which he still is, that doesn't mean there aren't other things to protect! that stupid son of a-"

"thank you for those kind words, stark."

y/n dropped her new slice of pizza in panic as nick fury's hologramed image suddenly appeared in front of them, peter quickly catching it before it hit the floor.

the agent rolled his eye, his arms crossing unamused. "you gotta reason for calling me, stark?"

"yeah i do," y/n started, "why the hell did you decide to disband the avengers? what- are the sokovian accords suddenly a thing again or something?"

fury sighed, his hand reaching into his pocket to retrieve something. there was a folded piece of paper covered in multiple numbers. he froze before placing it into his other pocket, instead choosing to show an envelope.

"this is for you, y/n... from bruce banner," the man explained, "you want me to read it or should i send it over?"

"read it!" peter said quickly, "p-please."

nick nodded, the man lifting the flap of the already opened letter. he paused for a moment before reading its contents.

"to y/n stark, i apologise for my absence these past few weeks. you of all people know the feelings of loss and exhaustion caused as a consequence of thanos' attack.

"with thor off-world, our fellow allies gone or committing to different situations and the recent passing of steve rogers, i have decided it would be time for me to take a break.

"to some, it may seem selfish. but y/n, i hope you can understand that i mean well and wish you the best in the future. good luck... and take care... — uncle bruce."

fury's focus stayed trained onto the paper before looking up to face the teens, y/n's hand in peter's as the iron-hero quickly wiped her eyes with other.

"so..." she sniffed, "everyone's dead or on a vacation?"

"and mysterio just isn't relevant anymore?" peter added, "makes sense... yeah, thanks nicholas."

"it's more complicated than that and you know it," nick's hologram replied, "look, i need to go - i wish you two the best, honestly."

the blue light disappeared and y/n and peter were left in a moment of silence until she turned to parker with a quickly building sense of determination.

"you saw the paper with the digits too, right?" y/n asked, "eve, save the frame at minute 2, 43 seconds and zoom in."

"uhm, yeah i freaking saw it," he replied equally excited, "and i still can't believe you named your artificial intelligence after a wall-e character-"

"-you named yours after plankton's computer wife," y/n interrupted whilst the image was brought up, "you don't get to judge."

the bright blue light was back, the frozen image of nick fury with the folded paper expanding and focusing to make the numbers clearer.

y/n 's eyebrows furrowed, her head titling as she made out what was messily scribbled on there.

"what the fuck is earth-616?"