Chapter 22: Judgment Strikes

Chapter 22

'Thinking' – thoughts

"Speaking" – speech

'Thinking' – Dragon/God/Beast thinking

"Speaking" - Dragon/God/Beast speaking

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or any of its characters they are property of Hiro Masima.

---In Kardia Cathedral---

"I never took Mystogan for a fool, but seems like I was wrong," Laxus said with a laugh as Mystogan disappeared along with the two other Dragon Slayers' chances of victory.

"I hate to ask this but would you mind helping me in taking down Laxus?" Haru asked his fellow Slayer as they both landed on the ground.

"However much I want to settle things with sparky over there alone, he ain't messing around. I guess we got no choice but to fight him as a team," Gajeel agreed.

"Team up or come at me one at a time, the results will be the same. I will stand at the top, and the two of you will be dead at my feet," Laxus said as he gathered power in his mouth. "Lightning Dragon Roar" Laxus called out as he sent a massive torrent of lightning at the two younger Slayers.

"Iron Dragon Roar", "Fire Dragon Roar" Gajeel and Haru both called out and sent a mixture of fire and iron at the torrent of lightning. The battle for dominance was over quickly as Haru and Gajeel had to jump to the side when they saw the lightning overpowering their combined attack.

"Just how strong is this guy?" Gajeel asked as he dashed to Laxus' side and called out "Iron Dragon Club", transforming his hand into an iron pole and extending it into Laxus' side with great force, sending the bigger man skidding to the right where Haru stood waiting.

"Not strong enough to defeat two Dragon Slayers," Haru answered as he lit both hands on fire. "Fire Dragon Brilliant Flame" Haru called out as he brought his hands together and threw the massive ball of flame at Laxus.

"Lightning Dragon Jaw" Laxus called out as he joined the bottom of his hand together before closing his hands like a creature's jaw. A mass of lightning sprang from his hands and consumed the ball of fire. The resulting explosion screened Laxus from Haru and Gajeel's views. "Lightning Dragon Iron Hammer" Laxus called out and slammed his fist into the ground. Haru and Gajeel didn't have any time to dodge the torrent of lightning that exploded from the ground beneath them.

"You weaklings think you can defeat me?" Laxus roared out as lightning crackled around him. He turned his attention to Haru who last tried to attack him. A grin grew on his face as he saw the confused look on Haru's face.

"Having trouble figuring out why you can't move? Have you ever thought what would happen if bolts of lightning would rush through you?" Laxus asked with his grin widening.

"Paralysis?" Haru asked as realisation dawned on him as to why he was unable to move. He managed to twitch his fingers and quickly figured out that the paralysis was only temporary. 'If I can get him to talk I can get out of this without a problem,' Haru thought.

Seems like you're not a complete idiot, not that it would have helped you when you decided to face me," Laxus said with his grin as he began surrounding his fist in lightning.

"Why are you even doing this? There are easier ways to become the master of Fairy Tail," Haru said as he felt that he was able to move his hands.

"Haven't you heard the smack people have been talking about Fairy Tail recently?" Laxus asked as a scowl formed on his face and the lightning around his fist increased.