Chapter 16: Armour of the Heart

Chapter 16

'Thinking' – thoughts

"Speaking" – speech

'Thinking' – Dragon/God/Beast thinking

"Speaking" - Dragon/God/Beast speaking

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or any of its characters they are property of Hiro Masima.

---With Natsu on top of the tower---

Natsu watched as Ultear and the others quickly made their way out of the tower. He walked to the edge of the tower and waited until he saw them exiting the tower and getting in a boat. 'Good they are out of the way, now I can focus on dealing with this problem,' Natsu thought to himself as he looked at the lacrima that was beginning to become unstable.

Natsu closed his eyes and began concentrating on the massive amount of raw magical energy beneath his feet. 'This lacrima will not be able to hold the magic contained for a long enough time to allow me to drain it all," Natsu thought as he studied the lacrima.

Natsu started draining as much of the raw magical energy from the lacrima as he could. The light blue lacrima began to dim as the power was absorbed by Natsu. 'If I keep up this rate I will have enough power to destroy the tower just before it becomes too unstable. Good thing I entered Dragon Force,' Natsu summarised as he felt his magic container overflowing with magical energy.

'This will at least require a few days of resting before I will be back in action, well here's hoping Ultear will get me somewhere to rest soon.' Natsu sighed as he began covering his fist in the energy he absorbed.

"Death Dragon Force Art: Eradication Impact" Natsu called out as he readied his fist that was now radiating pure magical energy. He smashed his fist into the tower which caused the tower to tremble. The massive amount of energy he put into the hit caused a geyser of Death Dragon Magic to erupt behind him and into the sky.

The spell Natsu used was one of the strongest spells a Dragon Slayer could learn, and it was only achievable when the slayer enters Dragon Force. The spell consumes such a large amount of magic that the only way for a mage to possess enough magical energy was to overload their magic containers.

The Tower of Heaven began to crumble under the overwhelming force of the blow Natsu dealt. The magical energy that was stored in the lacrima exploded due to the lacrima crumbling. The resulting explosion from the release of the energy along with the blow curtesy of Natsu caused large waves to form around the island.

Natsu began to fall with due to the tower crumbling beneath him but thanks to his wings he managed to gently float down to the ground. He would have liked to fly towards the boats that held the other mages but due to his depleted magic containers, he could only manage to not crash into the island. Natsu landed unceremoniously and stumbled until he fell and decided to just wait there until either Ultear returns or he managed to regain enough energy to start walking. Natsu laid his on some the ground and stared up at the beautiful night sky.

Natsu was on his back with a peaceful look on his face while watching the brilliant stars speckled across the vast black canvas while being surrounded by the chaotic ruins of the Tower of Heaven. A small smile spread across his face as he took a deep breath of the cool air.

It didn't take long before Natsu heard footsteps approaching but he also smelled that it was Ultear and the others so he just continued waiting for them. He felt someone kneel next to him and when he opened his eyes he was met with Ultear's worried face.

"I'll be fine, I'm just exhausted," Natsu said as he saw the worry in her eyes.

"Are you sure, what did you do?" Ultear asked as she began looking over him trying to see any serious injuries.