Chapter 26: Prepare to Train

Chapter 26

'Thinking' – thoughts

"Speaking" – speech

'Thinking' – Dragon/God/Beast thinking

"Speaking" - Dragon/God/Beast speaking

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or any of its characters they are property of Hiro Masima.

--- Triade Valley ---

The lush green landscape that had once covered the valley was now gone, leaving a barren wasteland devoid of life and colour, a purplish hue buzzing in the air. The only signs of life were the four Fairy Tail mages, one blue cat and a dark-cloaked man.

Lucy was hugging Happy, both their eyes squeezed shut and fear controlling their expressions and bodies. Erza was on her knees, terrified eyes staring straight ahead as her arms hung at her sides and two halves of a large shield on either side of her. Gray was crouched over, fists clenched in fear and a few drops of tears falling to the ground. Haru was the only Fairy Tail mage that didn't seem like he had accepted death. He had a hard expression on his face, jaw clenched and fists balled but standing up straight and looking the cloaked man in the eyes.

Natsu had his hand extended, almost touching Erza's forehead, his eyes devoid of emotion. Slowly he pulled his fist back and his posture eased up as he exhaled. Without warning his knees buckled and he almost stumbled forward but he managed to catch himself before that happened.

"Dout geou ui plythu. Ergriff ir tepohaic wer dastudr di geou," Natsu said with a steeled gaze, shifting his faze to Haru for the last part.

Erza was the first one to come back to her senses. She looked at the barren landscape around her with tingles of fear and awe. She had never seen such a display of power yet she was confused because she didn't take any damage.

"What was that?" Erza asked silently with a confused expression. She saw her two halves of her shield. She dispelled them back to her re-quip space before turning to Natsu.

"Why did you attack us and why didn't we take any damage from it while the area around us is completely destroyed?" Erza asked as she tried to stand up but failed since her legs were still too wobbly from the fear she felt when Natsu launched his attack.

"I never attacked you, merely tested your will," Natsu said as he rested his gaze on Erza.

"Tested out will, what do you mean by that and why didn't your attack affect us?" Erza asked, not understanding what he meant and how launching an attack that destroyed the life in the valley yet left them completely unharmed.

"I have no reason to answer your questions, the only reason I am here is due to my offer to Haru. Though I did tell him to come alone, not bring his guildmates with him," Natsu replied turning his gaze back to Haru and starting to make his way over to him. This caused Haru's steeled expression to falter and panic started to enter his visage.

"I told them not to come but Gramps ordered them to come with me," Haru frantically said.

"So the only reason you didn't entertain my request was because of your Master's orders?" Natsu questioned.

"Yes," Haru practically shouted in relief.

"We have come here to train with you, since you already offered Haru training we thought it would be beneficial to go along with him," Erza said finally being able to get to her feet while Gray Lucy and Happy stayed on the ground, choosing not to speak, fearing the power of the dark-cloaked man.