Chapter 9

Did Sootstar ever have a situation as bad as this? Was stress like this part of the reason why he went insane?

Shallowstar didn't know what to do. Rainfoot was suffering from memory loss and Dreamstar wanted revenge for what had happened to his brother.

It wasn't hard to imagine Tussockflame getting into a fight with the RainClan deputy, or Rainfoot following his deputy's orders. But it had aroused conflict with RainClan, something StrongClan had had in the past far too much. And he was the one who would have to make the hardest of the decisions.

And the words ringing over and over in his head were not helping. 

"I want Tussockflame exiled. I want him gone."

"Tussockflame!" he called from the entrance to his den. "Gather Duckcall, Foxtail and Rainfoot and meet me under The Strong Tree. We have urgent matters to discuss."

"Tussockflame you have put us in another pit of trouble," he told his best friend. "And as you know Dreamstar advised me to banish you. But I believe we can solve this problem with a less extreme punishment. I suggest probation."

The yellow tom twitched his ears and a look of displeasure crossed his face. 

"You shall be stripped of your power as deputy," he continued. "And everything you do will have to be reported to me or Foxtail, who will be your guard and superior for the length of this punishment. Dreamstar will be returning in two days time to see what has been done about this situation and with luck, we just may have prevented another war."

*Author's Note*

I'm going on another week-long trip so again don't expect much. I'll try to put out another chapter today if I have time. 

Bye!