Storm Warning

A/N: Wow, I haven't posted since last year! *badum-tss*

Alright, now that the dad jokes are out of the way... I hope you enjoy this part! It's a little different, but uh, yeah. Enjoy!

*One small section of this chapter contains somewhat mature themes

-

Not that she would consider herself to be any sort of boastful woman, nor did she think any other Narnian would think of her so either, but Margaret had rather thought that finding the Blue Star to follow to Ramandu's Island would be quite a simple matter, especially when taking into consideration her particular skill for such a thing. But from that first night, of the day upon which Coriakin had sent them on their way from his island, the skies grew cloudy at dusk, obscuring the Red Lady's view of her subjects above.

Finding herself all but useless in the moment, she suggested to Drinian that they simply continue to sail to the East. Less of a suggestion than an order, really, though Drinian gently reminded her that he obeyed Caspian's bidding first and foremost.

"Forgive me, Your majesty," he had said. "You are the Highest of the Old Narnian rulers, but as Captain of this ship, I am sworn to the Narnian King of our world, above all else."

Though surprised, Margaret nodded. "Of course... I understand."

Caspian, however, dismissed the Captain's rigid formality.

"Nonsense, Drinian. If you are to take anyone's word above mine, it should well be the Resilient Queen."

Margaret's face flushed with heat, but by Caspian's brilliant smile, he certainly didn't notice her small moment of shyness.

Off to the side, she thought she saw Edmund's expression change in some sort of funny way, but the thought quickly slipped from her mind at Caspian's offered arm.

"If I may," he said, "The crew have finished preparing a private place for you in the general quarters. You shan't have to sleep on the floor of the cabin any longer. If you'd like to walk with me..."

A small giggle escaped her, in a sort of giddy happiness she'd scarcely felt since the Golden Age, and she gracefully looped her arm through the crook of his elbow.

"Lead the way, my King."

He showed her to the crew's quarters, a large room below deck with many hammocks, and a few porthole windows scattered about. The support beams above were intricately carved in the shapes of Narnian Birds. Off in one corner, where the fewest hammocks hung nearby, a large, thick curtain had been hung.

Margaret gently pulled the curtain aside and stepped into the small alcove that had been made for her; as private a space as possible, set aside for her in the crew's quarters. The curtain formed the space into a sort of triangular shape, with one interior wall, and an outer wall with one of the small windows as well. Parallel to the curtain, a hammock had been strung up in the very corner. Below it, a small chest sat, presumably for any sort of items she might otherwise have stored in the dresser up in the cabin.

"I hope it is to your satisfaction..." Caspian said, sounding almost shy.

She turned to him with a warm smile.

"It's wonderful, Caspian. Thank you," said Margaret.

He practically beamed at her words.

"You are most welcome," he said. Then, almost as an afterthought, or perhaps without thinking at all, he added, "And should you need anything at all, I shall be right over here."