chapter thirteen

૮₍˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶₎ა
./づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏

/づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏

(a/n: back to y/n pov)

"Why are you holding her?" Oikawa asked Iwaizumi. I pull away from Iwa, looking down at the ground. "Because your a fucking idiot Oikawa!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Oikawa asked getting closer to Iwaizumi.

"Asking advice about another girl? Are you dumb?!" Iwa yelled in Oikawa's face. They both start pulling each other's collar. Me and Kunimi exchange looks when he runs up to break them apart. They continue to argue ignoring the fact the Kunimi was right in the middle of them.

"Can you guys stop arguing already?!" I yelled tightening my fists. Silence uplifted, not a word was said as we looked at each other. Until that silence was broken...

"I'm not staying the night. I'll grab my stuff and head out." Oikawa said walking away from us. We slowly trail behind him until we got back to the house. Oikawa left as well as Iwaizumi, leaving just me and Kunimi.

"They'll figure it out, don't worry y/n." Kunimi says patting my back.

"I hope they do but it's still not my problem nor business. I'm just annoyed and confused." I groan, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. Kunimi checks his phone, "It's getting late, I'm going to bed now. Let's talk about this tomorrow!"

I nod as I watch him go upstairs. I then walk over to the couch, pulling out a small futon from underneath . I lay down quickly falling asleep.

*2 weeks later*

Ever since the incident, me and Oikawa haven't spoken much to each other. Of course practice was the only exception but it was nothing more than "Coach needed you" or "Coach said to put the balls away". Part of me didn't care that we haven't spoken like before but another part of me was lonely and desperate for our friendship to return to normal.

-

"Hey y/n! I've been looking for you all day! I need you to go to the gym and get my notebook. It should be on one of the benches." Coach panted.

I make my way to the gym slowly opening the doors. As I walked in I noticed Oikawa serving the ball on his own. I froze in place as we made eye contact.

"You can continue... I just came to get something." I say breaking the silence. He looks away without saying anything. I awkwardly walk around the gym trying to find the notebook . After some time I go to check in the storage room. The storage room had no light so I left the door slightly open. I look through the shelves when the door slammed wide open. I turn around seeing Oikawa with his head down and a notebook in his hand.

"Is this what you're looking for?" He asks waving the notebook.

"Uh yes..." I say in a low tone as he walked up to me. He dropped the notebook on the floor and pushed me against the wall.

"Y'know I really missed you? I've been trying to ignore you but it's just been so hard..." He says putting his hand on the wall. I remain quiet as my brain floods with confusion.

"Are you not going to say anything princess?"

"What do you want me to say...?"

He smirks, "What happened with you and Iwaizumi?" I shake my head, "Nothing happened!"

He slams his hand on the wall, "Don't fuck with me y/n!" Rage began to flow through me causing me to push him on the floor.

"I don't know who you think you are but don't raise your voice at me! I told you nothing happened between me and Iwaizumi. What you saw was a misunderstanding! He was comforting me while I was feeling fucking sad! If you can't even believe or trust me then don't talk to me!" I yell while walking towards the door.

He grabbed my wrist. I look back at him seeing tears streaming down his face.

"I..."

I pull my wrist away from him beginning to walk again. He grabs my wrist once more tightening his grip, "I NEED YOU Y/N!"

I stop in place with my head down trying to hold back my tears. I turn around getting closer to him.

"Y/n..."

I wipe his tears with my finger, "You're crazy Tooru."

"H-Huh? W-Wait don't go... please."

I run out the room leaving him behind, this time crying hysterically.

*After School*

I walk out of the bathroom rubbing my eyes which had been puffy from all the crying earlier. I slowly walk inside the gym noticing all the boys in a circle with the coach. They all look my way, "Hey guys..." I say.

"Hi y/n." They all greeted. I walk over to coach whispering in his ear. He nods his head, "Okay guys, listen up! Y/n is not going to be attending any practices or games for a while."

Everyone's eyes widened, as they turned to look at me. I sigh, "It's only temporary guys. I'll be back in a few weeks. However that shouldn't stop you guys from doing your absolute best in your games."

I glance at Oikawa noticing his eyes were puffy as well. I then said my goodbyes and left the gym.

There was nothing for me to do so I decided to go home and rest. It was a busy day, many cars driving past and people filling the streets. I start crossing the street when someone called for me. I turn around seeing Iwaizumi out of breath. My legs were unable to move after seeing him. Honestly I don't really know if it was a good thing or not.

However "Y/N MOVE-" was the last thing I heard when my mind went blank.