XXI

CHAPTER 21

Tay's POV

"Can you brief us about what happened?" I'm inside the police station at this moment with my father and a lawyer. I gave him a look as if I am asking if it is okay to answer. He gave me a nod and tight hug.

"I am enjoying the party earlier when khun told me to go with him because my dad instructed him to bring me home. I didn't hesitate to follow him because I saw how busy my father is, I don't want to distract him. Then there are two other men escorted us to the back parking lot where the car is parked. The three of them are wearing the exact outfit as my dad's guards which is the reason why I didn't suspect anything." I narrated briefly while my father wrapped his coat around me because he noticed that I am shivering due to the air condition unit placed directly in front of us.

"You mentioned about two other men, did you recognize their faces?"

"No, sir. They are wearing black shades that time so I didn't see their faces."

"What happened next? What caused the accident? Did you have a fight with him?" The officer asked.

"That's leading, officer." Dad's lawyer intervened.

"No, sir. That's not the reason why the accident happened." I am looking at the wallet and suddenly remembered last final moments I experienced just to have this on my hand. "He is searching for this wallet when suddenly, a car approaches with full head light. He tried to maneuver the car on the opposite direction but unfortunately, we hit a tree."

I continued, "the crash is so big that the hood of the car got wrecked and my legs are stuck in between my seat and the compartment area. I thought I am going to die already but thankfully someone heard my screams and that kid save me." What is his name again? Hin right? Lin? No, he's a boy so it's probably Hin.

"I think that's all. We will close the case to attempted kidnapping only. Based on our initial investigation, the car is already old which could be the possible reason why a leak happened and explosion follow through. We will inform the deceased family about what happened."

"It was not really a kidnapping. He changed his mind immediately. He's about to send me home until the accident happened. Please, don't do anything to his family." I pleaded.

"Don't worry kid. We will not do anything to his family. We're just going tell them what happened and probably inform them as well about the criminal record that the deceased will receive." The police officer explained.

"No, can we do something? I don't want that to happen. It will be bad for khun's family. Don't do that, sir." I pleaded.

"If the victim initiated the pardon then I guess officer we cannot impose a record on the deceased. Just clear his record and inform the family about what happened." The lawyer voiced out.