Addictive Poison

This is basically me just projecting things that have happened to me but with Bakugou lmao

- - - - -

Katsuki's POV

The hag just got back from the store and rushed to the bathroom. I take that opportunity to look at the receipt in the bag.

..Another bottle of Chardonnay. Didn't she get one yesterday? ..Does she seriously drink a full bottle in a day?

I sigh frustratedly. What was I expecting? She's been an alcoholic since I was baby. Why did I think she would change?

She comes out of the bathroom and goes straight to her room, most likely to hide the wine. We all know she drinks too much, why does she even try to hide it anymore? I shake my head, before putting all the groceries up. I start to do the dishes, before she walks back into the kitchen. "Hey hag, I checked my grades and I have a 102 in English." I say, looking at her. She doesn't spare me a glance before pointing to the dirty dishes. "Finish those dishes and get in the shower, then help me with dinner." I roll my eyes, before nodding. I've always had good grades, so it's like she doesn't even care anymore. It's like she's expecting me to get good grades so much that she's not even a tiny bit proud of me anymore.

I love the hag, but I wish she'd be proud of me sometimes. 

I finish the dishes and get in the shower. I wash off my body and turn the water off. I dry off and put my clothes on, then I go back down to be met with an empty kitchen.

Great. She's in her room, getting wasted. Guess I'm making dinner myself tonight. I start chopping the onion and jalapeno, then I start making the sauce for the lasagna. I put the tomato's in the blender with oregano, salt, pepper, and some other spices. I blend it together and put it on the stove to simmer.

Once Im done with everything, I put it in the oven and set the timer. I look towards the hag's bedroom door. It's cracked open, so I walk towards it and hear snoring. I gently push it open to see the hag passed out onto her bed with her shirt and bra off. I swiftly shut the door, regretting every walking in there. I did not need to see that. Saggy-titted mother fucker. Ew.

After a while, I hear the timer go off so I take the lasagna out of the oven. "Hey hag, dinner's ready!" I yell, before making a plate for myself. I go sit down on the couch, the hag following my and sitting in a chair near me. I get my computer and put on something to watch, her doing the same thing with the tv.

When we're done with the food, she immediately passes out on the couch, snoring extremely loudly. I get up and take her plate and mine to the kitchen, washing them off.

She's never aggressive or anything when she's drunk, but it's like she's not there. Obviously she is there, but it's like her mind just doesn't work. When she's not passed out, she's staring at me blankly. I ask her to stop, but she doesn't even respond. She can't really do anything for herself either. I hate it so much. I'm terrified that one day she'll have too much to drink and get alcohol poisoning. She might die if she has a bad day and drinks too much. Four or more bottles of wine is enough to kill you, and I've seen her drink at least two or three. I know why she drinks. She has major issues. Our family is really complicated. When I was little, dad would beat my mom. So much that my mom thought of actually killing him. She didn't luckily. But one day he left for a couple years. Then he came back. Then he left almost immediately again. Then he came back a couple years later. My mom finally had enough and divorced him, but it still left me and her with a bunch of mental and physical scars. But you don't see me chugging bottles upon bottles of alcohol, do you?

Sometimes I wonder if there's another universe where my dad is nice. Where they never divorced and my dad is shy and timid like how he supposedly was when my mom was a teenager. 

I sigh and walk to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and head to bed, not bothering to wake her up this time. She always gets extremely pissy whenever I wake her up, so I won't this time.

I walk over to my warm bed and lay down, closing my eyes as I try to go to sleep- the only place where I don't have to deal with these problems.

- - - - -

Words: 882

Sorry if this was a little too self-indulgent, it kinda just ended talking about my love for sleep lmao

This is also the last oneshot of this book. I would really like to focus on my other books, so sadly this will be the last one <3