Find Someone Better| IidaBaku

This was a collaboration with my wonderful Wattpad sibling: bakubebe17 

!!ATTENTION!! 

THIS IS THE SECOND PART!! IF YOU WANT TO READ THE FIRST PART, HERE IS THE LINK TO BAKUBEBE17'S BOOK(The book is called 'Bakugo Oneshots':  https://www.wattpad.com/936540758-bakugo-oneshots-find-someone-better 

I suggest you read that one first, otherwise this wont really make sense.

Anyways, me and Bebe spend a while on this, so I hope you enjoy!

- - - - - - - - - -

3rd POV

      Bakugo slowly opened his eyes. He hears the faint beeping of the machine next to him. It looks like a heart monitor. He rubs his face before locking eyes with his significant other; Tenya Iida. He blinks out of confusion before looking down at himself. His eyes widen as he is met with multiple casts all over his body. 

The beeping on the monitor increases a slight bit.

"K-Katsuki? Are you awake?" He hears the other male say softly. Bakugo nodded slowly, making his head spin from the motion. The boy speaks up again.

"As soon as you jumped I rushed down the stairs and got you to the emergency room. You're lucky you're so light, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to carry you. And it was a miracle you didn't hit your head straight on. Fuck, I don't know what I would do without you." His lips quivered as he whispered the last part. He shakily wipes the dried tears off his face, only to let new ones form and drip onto the cold, hard tile. 

Bakugo's heart is pounding out of his chest. Dread courses through him as he thought of what happened back at the house. He can hear Iida's shaky sigh across from him.

Bakugo's thoughts were interrupted by a nurse walking into the room.

"Oh, you're awake." She speaks sweetly. "My name is Dr.Emma Johnson, I came here just to check up on you. I can see your recovery process is going well. That's great. I just need to check your vitals really quickly, ask your boyfriend a few questions, and I'll be out of your way." She smiles slightly.

Bakugo unconsciously drowns her out. He can still hear the muffled talking, but doesn't pay any attention to it. His mind can't get rid of the nurse's sickeningly sweet smile, and pity-filled voice. 

That's what it was about. Pity.

He always hated hearing that word. Especially when used in context with him. He does not pity anyone, and no one should pity him.

He doesn't want pity.

He especially doesn't need pity.

That's the thing about pity. What is it, exactly? A feeling? An emotion? Or is it merely an empty word that's tossed around without anyone knowing what it really means?

All Bakugo knows is that pity means you're weak. You're vulnerable. That's what he was told, at least. 

All the messages about him, defending the horrible things that were being said about him online. They were all just out of pity, weren't they?

Tears begin to form at the corner of his eyes, as his heart began to beat faster. There was no reason to get this stressed out about it! Why couldn't he calm down?!

His mind began to race as he got extremely dizzy, and he couldn't hear the nurse frantically trying to get his attention.

The nurse took a quick breath to calm herself before trying to get the blond's attention again. Nothing worked though.