Chapter 6: "Guess I can expect some sprinklers then huh?"

The alarm clock went off and Y/n jolted awake to immediately shut it off as fast as it had begun. So much so, her head started to spin. She fell off her bed in a heap and hit her elbow in that one spot that made her nerves go haywire. She groaned and reached for the bed frame so she could try to get up.

Once she achieved not being a clumsy mess, she flipped off her alarm clock as if it was the sole reason behind her inability to move normally.

But perhaps it was her minimal sleep to blame.

"Oh Y/n, you're finally awake, are you alright?" A voice from downstairs called. It did not fully process that it was her mother's.

"Wha- YEAH IM FINE!" She yelled back, glancing at her busted elbow. "You know how Mondays can be!.."

No response, just footsteps up the stairs. Eventually her door unlocked and her mother came in with her eyebrows raised. "Y/n, today is Martin Luther Jr. day, you don't have school."

"Wait what-"

"Look at the time"

Y/n glanced at the alarm clock she had previously wanted to throw that currently read 10:00. The desire to throw it increased.

"How come my alarm just went off though?"

"It didn't, you kept snoozing it. I was wondering why you didn't just turn it off."

" I don't remember..." but then she noted how much of a sleep deprived mess she was and didn't question it.

"Well go brush your teeth, breakfast has long been ready. By the way, there's a boy outside who looks about your age, why don't you meet him? I think he's the Spore's nephew but I'm not entirely sure. He looks very different then when I first saw him." She wiggled her eyebrows and Y/n was not all liking what that implied.

But before she could argue, her mother shut the door.

Whatever that was, at least there's no school today, she thought happily and now in a much better mood than when she got up. She jumped to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, did her hair, changed, and then at last went downstairs where she proceeded to inhale her waffles. She would never pass up on her mother's waffles, not matter how cold they were.

After she finished, she threw open her door expecting sunny rays blasting her awaiting face but ended up getting knocked back by the drift.

She turned around to glare at her mother, "I thought you said it would be nice weather not the start of another rainstorm."

"It IS nice weather, but you were the one who decided to not look out your window and wear shorts. Go upstairs and get a sweater, Jesus Y/n."

"But that requires physical exercise."

"Well then you can go and freeze."

Y/n stood there for a good solid three seconds before, turning around. "Okay, maybe I will." And shut the door.

She looked through the window to see if her unnecessary defiance caused anything but was severely disappointed to see that her mom had just shrugged and went back to work.

"Wonderful, frostbite it is then." she muttered to herself, wishing she wasn't so adamant now. There was no way she was going to go back inside and give her mom the satisfaction of being right.

"I mean... you are wearing shorts, I wouldn't be surprised if you did." a voice spoke from behind her.

Y/n turned around from the window to see herself staring at a boy with fluffy reddish hair and the brightest blue eyes she had ever seen. He was wearing a black hoodie but his legs were bare like hers.