The Library

Early the next day George was sitting up in bed waiting for you to get up. Through your half awake eyes, he seemed eager about something.

"Do you already have a plan for today?" You rubbed your eyes.

"I'm thinking we should take a walk around England and not just to a park, since you have never been," George smiled whilst sipping his tea.

"I would love that, it would make me very happy," You yawned, stretching out your arms.

. . .

After a little bit of breakfast and coffee, it was time to get ready. Throwing on something that would keep you arm was most important, screw style. Your long coat could cover it anyways. George was waiting for you when you came down the steps.

"Don't forget this," George pulled a beanie over your head and eyes.

Crossing your arms, "I can't see,"

He laughed, folding it up away from your eyes. His smiling face was inches from yours. An impulsive thought crossed your mind, "And you, this!" Kissing his nose, you brushed past him towards the door.

Your heart almost exploded out of your chest, you initiated the kiss, granted it was on the nose. Opening the heavy door, a cold winter breeze rushed into the entryway. It pierced the skin exposed on your face.

"Wait," George said from behind you. Before you had time to react, George tenderly grabbed your chin tilting it to his lips.They were soft, as you remembered. "Do it right next time," George said before pinching your nose and walking out into the frigid London afternoon.

"Hey!" You giggled trotting after him.

    The picturesque streets were fairly quiet except for the occasional couple that apparently had the same idea as you and George. You watched a pair walk past and the girl had her hand in the guys pocket. Looking over at George, he noticed them, but not that detail. Getting the idea, you reached for his hand, into his pocket. From the corner of your eye you could see a smile cross his wind whipped cheeks. His fingers carefully found yours, intertwining.

"Do you read?" He broke the comfortable silence.

Cocking an eyebrow, "Sometimes yes,"

"Good," George started leading you across the street to a store.

    You hadn't even noticed but you had ended up walking to a shopping district. There were warmly lit up stores lining the streets for as far as the eye could see. Christmas lights hung lazily on the trees and bushes that line the sidewalk. George opened the door for you, stepping into a very gaudy bookstore. Warm air and the smell of coffee rushed to greet you as you felt your eyes sparkle looking around. There were rich wood shelves lined with books of varying shapes and sizes. Walking further, you got a glimpse of a balcony and second floor library.

"This is the bookstore I have come to my entire life, where I first picked up Harry Potter," George rested his arm on your shoulder, walking to the small cafe. "You go look around and find a place to sit, I will get us drinks,"

Nodding, you walked off into the shelves. The second floor was really calling your name. You cautiously climbed the creaking stairs with black metal railing. There was only one other person at the top, it looked to be some older gentleman in his seventies. The upstairs was lit up by the large floor to ceiling windows on every side, with a few hanging lamps for atmosphere. Walking to a far corner, you found a large bean bag backed up to the glass. Sitting down on the large plush pillow, you stared out at London and up the long streets with the occasional car. You briefly zoned out thinking about how aesthetically pleasing it all was.